Company: Johns Hopkins University
Posted on: February 16, 2020
General Summary/Purpose:The Budget Assistant will provide
support to faculty, staff and students in the Berman Institute. The
position will be responsible for processing accounts payable
transactions and performing basic monthly reconciliation of
accounts. This position will monitor and complete purchases,
process routine financial transactions, and enter basic financial
data into University systems.Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
- Enter accounts payable transactions into the SAP system in a
timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of documentation according to
- Process non-purchase order invoices, credit memos, down
payments, recurring entries, and wire transfers.
- Process trip approvals (as necessary), travel advances,
reimbursements prior to and after travel, and local travel
reimbursements in accordance with JHU and Federal Guidelines.
- Track documents from creation to payment and trouble shoot any
problems that may occur.
- Process shopping carts in SAP, track purchasing orders, create
good receipts and ensure that staff and faculty receive goods that
they have ordered.
- Create new vendors in SAP as needed.
- Process Independent Contractor shopping carts and
- Obtain and use appropriately the University Procurement Card.
Follow established University and Departmental guidelines for using
and reporting on the Procurement Card.
- Obtain, distribute, monitor, and reconcile logs for gift cards
on a monthly basis
- Make routine travel and hotel arrangements.
- May assist with typing correspondence, manuscripts, grant
proposals, PowerPoint presentations and filing.
- Fast paced often stressful environment.
- Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED and two year experience.
- Related coursework at the college level may substitute for
experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency
- Experience using SAP systems preferred.
- Experience using MS Excel, WordSpecial Knowledge, Skills, and
- Strong organizational skills, analytical and problem-solving
abilities and attention to detail.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, analytical and
problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work with flexibility on several tasks
simultaneously and to meet various concurrent deadlines.
- Ability to work within a team environment.Classified Title:
Budget AssistantRole/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/ODStarting Salary
Range: $15.26 - $21.00/hourEmployee group: Full TimeSchedule: M-F,
8:30 - 5:00Exempt Status: Non-ExemptLocation: 04-MD:School of
Medicine CampusDepartment name: 10000153-Bioethics
InstitutePersonnel area: Academic and Business CentersThe
successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a
pre-employment background check.If you are interested in applying
for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require
special assistance or accommodation during any part of the
pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services
Office at email@example.com . For TTY users, call via Maryland
Relay or dial 711.The following additional provisions may apply
depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise
accordingly.During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition
of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees
who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or
clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or
possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet
this requirement may result in termination of employment.The
pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas,
laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving
community contact requires documentation of immune status against
Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella
(chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the
Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include
documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella
vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory
testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are
ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for
those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization
documentation from their own health care providers. Any
vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost
in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity EmployerNote:
Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.EEO
is the LawLearn
Opportunity Employer:Johns Hopkins University is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or
ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any
other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes
affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and
Keywords: Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore , Budget Assistant, Accounting, Auditing , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!