Senior Technical Accountant
Company: Transit Employees FCU
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Under general supervision, but following established policies
and procedures, supervises and coordinates the daily activities of
the Accounting Department staff (ACH, ATM, Card Services, Share
Drafts, AP/AR). Ensures that electronic banking activities are in
compliance. Performs a variety of other complex and semi-complex
accounting duties related to Corporate Accounts. Receives, sorts,
and proofs accounting documents, posts totals to the general
ledger, reviews internal records, researches adjustments and
reconciles accounts. Responds to questions and/or provides
information upon request from members (internal and external).
Processes requests/transactions, as appropriate. Coordinate annual
examination and audits. Responsible for month-end closing and
quarterly call reports. Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring the proper and timely processing of
ACH, Share Draft, Share Branch, PPD, ATM, Card Services, A/P,
Investment, and all facets of accounting duties as they pertain to
the operation of the Credit Union. Ensure member inquiries
regarding the multiple accounting functions are resolved timely and
expeditiously. Ensure staff maintains and updates member records as
- Responsible for the testing and implementation of new Share and
Loan products, ACH, Shared Branch, Share Draft, ATM and other
- Ensure proper research and resolution of any out of balance
conditions. Maintains current knowledge of all applicable
- Review reconcilement research and problem-solving on all GL
accounts. Reviews corporate statements and ensures proper posting
of appropriate entries. Maintains daily corporate account
checks/money orders reconciliations. Post all investment entries
and reconcile general ledger. Investment entries consist of
purchases, called investments, matured investments, premiums,
discounts, monthly pay down of MBS and CMOs, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate rate disclosure calculations
for APR and APY.
- Reviews all reconcilements for accuracy. Prepares and collects
appropriate paperwork for supporting documentation. Communicates
with the Federal Reserve regarding outstanding adjustments.
- Responsible for verifying documentation (i.e., brochures,
newsletters, etc.) and website disclosure of APR and APY
- Reviews GLs for any outstanding items. Corrects all out of
balance conditions/accounts. Work in conjunction with other
departments for the efficient operation of TEFCU.
- Responsible for overseeing transmission and receipt of
third-party items pertaining to ACH, ATM, share drafts, etc. and
verify data for accuracy of transmission.
- Ensures the proper GL coding of vendor invoices. Verifies
invoices are proper and accurate and timely resolves vendor
discrepancies. Approves invoices and ensure timely payments.
Ensures proper and timely implementation of accounting related
items. Works in conjunction with vendors to ensure proper
understanding; asks pertinent questions to ensure seamless
- Works with vendors to ensure sufficient inventory (i.e., card
- Prepares monthly reports for Investments, Fixed Assets, Prepaid
Expenses and Liability Accruals.
- Utilizes tact and experienced based knowledge to resolve
accounting problems, explaining specific policies and
- Responsible for preparing, processing, and ordering ATM and
Visa Check Card requests. Ensures all information is complete,
accurate, and posted in a timely manner. Posts balance transfers
for Credit Cards and other adjustments as requested by internal
staff, including monthly charge-offs. Updates ATM and Debit Card
systems with member contact information changes as received from
various internal departments. Orders replacement ATM and Check
cards and/or PINs as requested.
- Utilizing tact and experienced based knowledge, researches and
resolves member (internal and external) problems/questions
explaining specific policies and procedures while representing the
Credit Union in a professional manner and maintaining positive
- May prepare a variety of on-going and/or special reports on a
daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end basis to include
account activity, cost analysis, and specialized monthly management
reports relating to all GL accounts.
- Completes the quarterly Call Report for NCUA.
- Prepares necessary accounting documents for annual NCUA and
- Manages open Symitar cases for Accounting and Branch.
- Sets up new users and terminate users in Symitar.
Resets/unlocks consoles, resets passwords, and resets number of
- Prepares financials (Balance Sheet and Income Statement) for
the Board of Directors' meeting and month-end closing. Ensures
accuracy and precision in the compilation of financials.
- Prepares statistical and other necessary reports for the Board
of Directors' meeting.
- Compile and maintain federal and state tax deposits/payments &
- Works with Branch in resolving GL related out of balance
- Performs all duties of the Accountant and Accounting Assistant
- Acts within the policies and procedures of the Credit Union.
Performs job duties and responsibilities in a manner which protects
the integrity and reputation of the Credit Union.
- Performs other Accounting and Operational processing duties as
assigned by the President/CEO.
- Other duties as assigned. Education & Experience BA/BS in
Accounting or Finance. Minimum three to five years accounting
experience, preferably in a financial institution. Knowledge of CU
operations and regulations. Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP.
Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. PC
proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) the
Internet and other financial analysis programs. Symitar experience
preferable. Excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal
communication skills. Must possess a strong service orientation.
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects/priorities in an
effective manner. Must be able to deal with highly confidential
information. Ability to function in a financial institution branch
environment, be bondable, and utilize standard office equipment
including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc. Ability
to lift 25lbs. or more (file boxes). Some travel required.
Keywords: Transit Employees FCU, Baltimore , Senior Technical Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Greenbelt, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!