Specialist - Equity
Company: Baltimore City Public Schools
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Works in the Office of Equity to provide leadership in the
development and implementation of the City Schools strategic equity
plan. Provides direct support, training, and consultation for
employees across the organization on topics such as, but not
limited to: equity, culturally responsive pedagogy, bias,
inclusion, diversity, etc. Works collaboratively with schools and
offices to utilize a racial equity lens to ensure achievement for
all students.Essential Functions
- Supports Executive Director and the Office of Equity in
providing leadership in the implementation of the Equity
- Develops, coordinates and facilitates training and professional
development to City Schools employees in order to build capacity in
the application of a racial equity lens.
- Provides support to schools on the development and
implementation of programs and initiatives that support equity
across every indicator of City Schools? student success.
- Provides support to schools in developing and implementing
school performance plans that address the predictability and
persistence of gaps in student performance.
- Provides training and implementation support on building
inclusive climates that honor the culture, experiences, and
humanity of students, families, and community.
- Provides support to schools to reduce the use of interventions
that remove students from the active learning environment.
- Works collaboratively with offices to determine, acknowledge,
and disrupt structures and practices that create and perpetuate
systems of inequity in academics, accountability, facilities,
finance, human capital, schools, etc.
- Serves as a liaison to offices to ensure the coordinated
delivery of services to schools.
- Serves as a liaison to district offices and workgroups to
support the application of an equity lens in decision making,
policy development, evaluation, etc.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal
employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws,
state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 81555.00 Minimum Salary 65908.00 Desired
- Bachelor?s degree in education or related field from an
accredited college or institution. Master?s degree preferred.
- Demonstrates expertise in leading programs serving marginalized
populations, demonstrated competency in the areas of anti-racist
and anti-oppression pedagogy, racial equity, educational equity,
access, and cultural proficiency, restorative practices,
trauma-responsiveness, and social-emotional well-being.
- Experience in supporting the achievement of underserved
- Understanding of current research-based practices to include
the ability to analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Strong human relations skills.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills.
- Excellent training and facilitation skills.
- Creative and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written skills.
- Project planning and management skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to include but not
limited to those at professional and work-related conferences,
seminars, and summits.
- Ability to develop and facilitate trainings and workshops.
- Ability to prepare standard operating procedures, reports, and
other written documents.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple
- Customer Focus ? Commits to meeting the expectations and
requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with
stakeholders in mind; values importance of providing high-quality
- Interpersonal Skills ? Builds constructive and effective
relationships; uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse tense situations;
can put others at ease and disarm hostility.
- Managing Relationships ? Responds and relates well to people in
all positions; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; looks
for common ground and solves problems for the good of all.
- Functional/Technical Skills ? Possesses required functional and
technical knowledge and skill to accomplish job tasks at a high
level; demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and
apply new functional skills. Full time or Part time Full time
Additional Details Qualified candidates for the above position must
submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum
qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences
and education related to the position to which you are
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and
all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include:
name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies
accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the
available options please see the information relevant to the union
for this position by viewing the following link:
http://www.baltimorecityschools.orgBaltimore City Public Schools is
an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from
bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates. Baltimore City Public
Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the
basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital
status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age.
For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please
contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North
Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone);
410-396-2955 (fax). This position is affiliated with the
Paraprofessionals and School Related Personnel (PSRP) bargaining
Keywords: Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore , Specialist - Equity, Accounting, Auditing , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!