Senior Data Analytics SME/Lead
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: April 10, 2021
At GDIT you'll be a meaningful part of improving how federal
agencies achieve their mission. Our work depends on a Senior Data
Analytics SME/Lead joining our team to support the Centers for
Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) activities at our GDIT
Baltimore, MD office (This team is currently working 100% remote.
Once COVID restrictions are lifted, you will have the opportunity
to telework with manager and customer approval.).At GDIT, we foster
a people-centric environment. As the Deputy Program Manager
supporting CMS' Healthcare Integrated General Ledger Accounting
System (HIGLAS), you will be entrusted to be the right hand of the
Program Manager, managing special projects and program budgets,
while optimizing operational enhancements and continuous
improvements.HIGLAS is a very large complex system with
approximately 3,000 total users, processing an average--of 4.5
million transactional claim records per day which equates to over
1.2 trillion annually. There are--an average of 46,000 new account
receivables and 168,000 payments processed per day along
with--20,000 queries/reports run daily. Utilizing Oracle Federal
Financials as the base application of HIGLAS, it provides--CMS with
a uniform financial management system to account for over $1
Trillion in outlays--for healthcare each year across multiple lines
of--business.GDIT maintains OBIEE12c, BI Apps Financials and
Implementing Incorta as data Analytics platform for CMS HIGLAS
Business Intelligence (HBI) project with Oracle EBS R12 as the
source system. This effort includes evaluating current production
application and providing functional/technical solutions to improve
the existing design as well as build new Dashboards, Reports, KPIs,
ETLs and Advanced Analytics using EBS R12 Financials, Tableau,
Incorta, OBIEE12c, ODI, Visual Analyzer, Analytics and BI Apps
products.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Acting as a Champion to develop data and analytics strategy and
roadmap for CMS aligning with CMSs vision of liberating data to
deliver optimal value.
- Proactively assessment, identification, and guidance in
developing the appropriate data assets based on the highest value
business use cases.
- Advanced emerging data product capabilities, including
real-time streaming, machine learning, and advanced analytics, in
partnership with various CMS departments.
- Guiding CMS to build a modern data environment focused on
delivering information to the business and leveraging sound
governance, tools, and technology.
- Creating and delivering next-generation capabilities around
ingestion, analysis, reporting, data engineering, and business
- Collaborating and leading the client and data engineering team
to build and maintain a resilient, robust, and scalable enterprise
data foundation, including data integration pipelines, data
lake/swamp, master, and reference data, including governance.
- Leading the product owners to ensure that the data ecosystem
can meet current and future data needs Analyzing results and
Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the
- Utilizes advanced tools and computational skills to interpret,
connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver
recommendations for business and analytic decisions.
- Uses predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer
experiences, efficiencies, process improvements, and other business
- May serve as a task or project leader. (Not a people
manager)WHAT YOU'LL NEED/REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 15+ years of experience with IT industry using various Business
Intelligence and Data Analytics products.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related area, or the
equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or
training, or work experience.
- Experience with Financial Analytics and Data Visualization
using Tableau, Incorta , OBIEE tools such as Analysis(Answers) and
- Experience in hub and spoke data warehouse architecture and in
designing the data-warehouse/data marts/data lakes for combining
the data from multiple source systems to meet various data
- Identify and analyze business needs versus existing
applications and serve as the expert guiding through innovative
- Experience in data models and reporting packages.
- Ability to analyze large datasets.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports.
- Must possess US Citizenship and be a Green Card holder to be
considered for this position.DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with BI Applications for EBS Financials R12.2.x -
Financials for federal agencies that included BI Apps
customizations to meet financial and legislative mandates, such as
Section 508 compliance and security compliance with FISMA, NIST,
FIPS and OMB C&A guidelines.
- Recent long-term full lifecycle engagement as a business
solutions architect in BI Applications.
- Preferably experience with CMS Business and Data architecture.
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilize discretion and independent judgment
regarding customer matters including the ability to switch between
priorities quickly to meet customer requirements
- Ability to clearly and succinctly present executive level
information to our stakeholders/customers.WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Full-flex work week.
- 401K with company match.
- Customizable health benefits packages.
- Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your
- Rewards program for high-performing employees. We are GDIT. The
people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and
intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the
expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We
transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and
innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow
is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the
lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology
transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the
job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class. General Dynamics Information Technology
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Baltimore , Senior Data Analytics SME/Lead, Accounting, Auditing , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!