Company: ABW Appliances
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description: What makes ABW Appliances a better place to work?
That's easy! We're vibrant, we're growing, and we're employee
centered. With six locations across the Baltimore and DC Metro
area, a 51,000+ sq. foot stocked warehouse, and a progressive
leadership team, ABW is the professional choice for premium
appliances. For decades, we have been the luxury appliance source
for multi-family, production, and custom home builders, as well as
designers, architects, and other trade professionals.ABW
Appliances, Appliances A Better Way is a family-owned business and
has been growing into an industry leader since 1968. Our focus is
on providing the best in luxury appliances, quality appliance
installation, and dependable service within the Baltimore-DC Metro
areas. Now we are bringing our signature high-end service to the
retail appliance market, and that's where you come inABW Appliances
is currently seeking an Accounting Clerk for our corporate
headquarters. Excellent attendance, punctuality and positive
attitude are essential for this position and our business. We are
looking for individuals who are self-starters, have a strong
accounting aptitude and solid work ethic. The right candidate needs
to possess high attention to detail, excellent organizational and
customer service skills.If you are interested in joining a growing
company who is a leader within the industry through providing every
client with the best experience from start to finish, then this is
the right opportunity for you!Position Summary:The Accounting Clerk
supports the general accounting department including accounts
receivable and accounts payable processing as needed, processing of
vendor invoices and cash disbursements, company-wide vendor
database maintenance, and coverage during team member absences. The
position reports to the Accounting Manager. The right candidate
will work closely with the other members of the accounting staff
and ABW's other departments, the company's clientele, and outside
- Support invoicing and receivables functions including
processing order corrections, creating manual invoices, preparing
online billing, new customer set-up/maintenance and validating
- Timely processing of vendor invoices, providing cost
allocations as necessary and ensuring they are properly authorized,
supported, coded and earn all available discounts.
- Processing check / ACH payment runs, ensuring accuracy and
completeness of supporting documentation, remittance advice, filing
of processed batches and bank file communication, as
- Identify problems, troubleshoot and provide recommendations for
improvements in company processing.
- Download and sort daily electronic invoices as well as US mail,
branch mail, and departmental mail.
- Update and maintain vendor database, supplying company credit
card data as requested by vendors and verifying 1099 reporting
details, including updated W-9's.
- Ensure all service and sales payments are applied
- May be required to perform other assigned tasks and duties
necessary to support the Accounting Department.. Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
Administration, Management preferred or Associate Degree plus 2
years' work-related experience.
- General accounting knowledge, analytical, and organizational
- Experience with Quickbooks a plus.
- Computer skills: proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to prioritize, manage time, and follow through.Position
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Base Salary: $40,000 - $45,000 per year.
- Benefits: ABW offers a competitive benefits package which
includes medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match,
short-term and long-term disability, paid leave (vacation,
personal, and holidays), and more.PM20PI150592320
Keywords: ABW Appliances, Baltimore , Accounting Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Jessup, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!