Senior Technical Advisor - Global Fund / Telecommuter
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Description - Senior Technical Advisor - Global Fund /
Telecommuter (210000JP) Job Description Senior Technical Advisor -
Global Fund / Telecommuter - ( 210000JP ) Description About CRS
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian
agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to
save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100
countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS'
relief and development work is accomplished through programs of
emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education,
microfinance and peacebuilding. Job Summary The Global Fund Support
Unit (GFSU) works to strengthen CRS' programming and institutional
links with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
('the Global Fund') and similar, health-focused, donors. As a
member of the GFSU, the Advisor will engage with country programs,
regional offices, and headquarters departments to support country
teams to develop and implement quality Global Fund grants. For the
new three-year cycle 2021-2023, CRS has a confirmed portfolio of
seven Principal Recipient grants for a total 3-year budget of
around $550 million, in addition to several Sub-Recipient and
Service provider contracts. The GFSU Advisor will keep abreast of
Global Fund requirements and, in collaboration with Overseas
Finance department (OVF), strengthen and standardize CRS's approach
to managing and reporting on Global Fund grants across all
countries, particularly focusing on finance-related requirements.
Working in close collaboration with OVF and Regional Finance
Officers (RFOs), the Advisor will support capacity building of
country programs implementing Global Fund grants, in all areas of
financial management (budgeting, reporting, reprogramming, SR
management, etc.). S/he will provide direct country support
especially during budgeting, reprogramming and reporting time. S/he
will also support country programs on other operational issues
relevant for Global Fund grants. Finally, s/he will also work
closely with OVF to develop and monitor KPIs across the entire
Global Fund portfolio to inform management decisions. Roles and Key
- Financial Management Quality and Compliance:
- Keep current on Global Fund finance management guidelines
(budgeting guidelines, reporting guidelines, audit guidelines,
- Work closely with OVF to update and develop new guidance and
tools for CRS to manage and report on Global Fund grants (Finance
manual, reporting checklists, etc.).
- Develop guidance and tools for the elaboration and review of
Global Fund budgets.
- In collaboration with Finance, help Country programs prepare
for the annual External audit of GF grants.
- Advise and contribute to discussions with the Global Fund
Finance team at the Agency level.
- Work closely with OVF to develop and monitor financial KPIs
across the GF portfolio to inform management decisions and
negotiations with the Global Fund.
- Direct country / grant support:
- Collaborate with RFOs and GFSU country focal points to ensure
quality of financial reporting to the Global Fund.
- Provide hands-on support to country programs in developing
their financial reports (PUDRs, Financial Closure reports,
- Support country programs in managing LFA and Global Fund
finance specialists' requests. Help in issue resolution, engaging
directly with Global Fund finance specialists when needed.
- Support the Country Programs in conducting regular budget
follow-up and proactively submitting reprogramming requests to the
Global Fund to ensure high absorption; provide guidance for and
support with reviews of reprogramming requests.
- Advise on financial risk management (limited cash policy,
mobile money, etc.).
- Ensure that grants are closed in accordance with GF and CRS
policies/procedures. C. Business Development
- Provide guidance and accompaniment of country programs for the
elaboration of budgets for new PR grants, SR grants or service
provider opportunities. D. Knowledge Management and Learning (KML):
- Keep the Global Fund Finance communities of practice (one in
English and one in French) active
- Identify and share good practices across Global Fund
- Maintain tracker of Global Fund grant values and ensure
consistency of information between our internal systems and
external data source.
- Provide consolidated information across our GF portfolio, past
results as well as forecasts
- Analyze Global Fund disbursement trends Key Working
- Global Fund Finance teams,
- In-country government partners (MoH, NMCP),
- Technical assistance organizations; and
- Working groups as appropriate.
- Global Fund Support Unit (GFSU),
- Overseas Finance Department (Headquarters),
- CRS Global Fund grant teams in the field (especially grant
- Country Program finance teams,
- Regional Finance Officers (RFOs); and
- Partnership and Capacity Strengthening team. Work
- This position is based in Baltimore, Maryland. Telecommuting
may be considered, provided the person is willing and able to
travel internationally. Qualifications Education and Experience -
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting or related
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience, including at least two
years of experience traveling and working in low-resource
- Prior experience in financial management or oversight of Global
- Knowledge of Global Fund policies and procedures.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills, with strong attention
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including in
- Demonstrated personal accountability and drive to serve others,
with an ability to work independently and in a team
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web
Conferencing applications, information and budget management
systems, knowledge-sharing networks. Required Languages - Fluency
in French and excellent English oral and written language skills
required. Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff) - These are
rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and
used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities
and achieve the desired results.
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees in a
cooperative and friendly manner.
- Ability to comprehend new information, distill it and then and
teach it to others.
- Familiarity with the Global Fund, including funding cycles,
technical requirements, project deliverables, regulations and
- Ability to bring a whole-agency lens to his/her portfolio,
recognizing and pulling key information that is pertinent to CRS at
agency level, and disseminating such information to relevant
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including
persuasive messaging and communicating complex issues to a variety
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Customer service oriented; ability to cultivate new
relationships and instill confidence.
- Proactive and willing to take on additional responsibilities,
challenge assumptions and elevate issues as needed. Travel - -
Ability and willingness to travel to the Baltimore/DC area and/or
Geneva for in-person meetings, as needed. Ability to travel to
low-resource environments in foreign countries as needed. Total
travel will be up to 15-30% of time. What we offer CRS offers a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life
insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the
opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that
is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the
world. ***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and
operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of
the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable
overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths
and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to
serving those in need. CRS' processes and policies reflect our
commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse
and exploitation. Disclaimer: This job description is not an
exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities
associated with the position. CRS' talent acquisition procedures
reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults
from abuse and exploitation. EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Baltimore , Senior Technical Advisor - Global Fund / Telecommuter, Accounting, Auditing , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!