Lead Billing Specialist
Company: Cowan Systems and Cowan Management
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionLead Billing SpecialistFormed in 1924, Cowan
Systems enjoys a history of excellence and quality in the
transportation industry. We specialize in providing high quality
dedicated fleet services for companies requiring first-rate
performance. Cowan Systems is seeking a full time Lead Billing
Specialist for our corporate office in Baltimore, Maryland.
Qualified candidates are detail orientated, thorough, professional,
and have experience with customer service and data entry related
tasks.Job Summary:The Lead Billing Specialist will be responsible
for a team of 3-5 billers. He or she will be the subject matter
expert on the accounts within their team and will be responsible
for auditing his or her team member's work. They will be an
escalation point for invoicing issues, handle the Unbilled Report,
work with Operations and Rates to resolve billing issues and
develop team members.The Lead Billing Specialist will receive up to
6 weeks of instruction, training, and practice. He or she will gain
a comprehensive understanding of Cowan's dispatch software,
operational reporting tools, indexing programs, and be able to
process accurate invoices for our customers.The ideal candidate
should have background in Excel and billing procedures and prior
leadership experience.Essential Job Functions:
- Work directly with the Operations, Billing and Rates
- Train and coach team members on invoicing procedures and
- Maintain the Unbilled Report, audit unpaid invoices and
determine needs for billing process changes.
- Create procedural documentation for all accounts assigned to
- Communicate directly with customers regarding billing concerns
- Audit dispatch data and customer paperwork.
- Provide customer support for requested back-up
- Articulate report changes and/or needs to IT department for
- Troubleshoot issues that have been escalated by team members
- Identify potential errors made on invoices.
- Process and bill invoices out of company software.
- Successfully carry out invoicing procedures via mail,
electronic delivery, and web billing.
- Collaborate with management on special assignments as
- Support Billing team by acting as back up during a team member
- Retain procedural information with note taking.
- Manage invoice priorities and workload responsibilities.
- Plan and Lead Team bi-weekly in person team meetings
- Prioritize your team's workload daily and during End of Month
- Monitor your team's emails in the department inbox and ensure
timely follow up and resolutions Job Requirements:
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office (Outlook and
- Ability to work successfully and professionally in a team
- Self-motivated and focused to complete tasks with limited
supervision and instruction.
- Strong organizational and time management skills—able to meet
- Detail oriented, accurate and possesses analytical
- High level of interpersonal communication skills—oral and
- Effective at demonstrating good judgment and initiative to make
sound business decisions based on multiple data sources.
- Ability to communicate, establish credibility and influence
change within all levels of the organization.
- Hard working, reliable, and personable.
- Confident in giving feedback and developing team members.
Benefits:Cowan Systems offers a competitive, customizable benefits
package including but not limited to:
- Medical insurance with an HSA option, dental and vision
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive, Weekly Pay#cs
Keywords: Cowan Systems and Cowan Management, Baltimore , Lead Billing Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!