Senior Network Engineer
Company: Mariner Finance, LLC
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Position: Senior Network Engineer
In This Role, You Will---
---Work within Mariner Finance's Corporate Network Engineering
team. This high-performing team architects, designs, and maintains
the critical network infrastructure that supports corporate,
extranet, and backbone. You will help set the strategy for the
group and play a key role in numerous projects that support
business initiatives and overall operations. Each member of the
team is driven for excellence and ready to take on Mariner's
fast-paced and quickly changing environment.---
- Plans, designs, implements, and provides ongoing support of
network systems of high complexity in extranet, backbone, and
corporate environments to fulfill business needs for performance
and cost benefits.
- Serves as technical lead for hardware installation,
configuration, and operational support of the networks' routers,
switches, load balancers, firewalls and other critical
infrastructure; serves as technical lead working with application
owners and clients to fine-tune WAN links for optimal
- Provides third-level technical support to clients and to
technical teams within Mariner Finance to resolve network issues
and to support the implementation of new network solutions.
- Evaluates new technology and brings opportunities forward that
would improve the future network architecture, performance, and
- Ensures full compliance of Mariner's Key Controls and Technical
Service Requirements for all network architecture, designs, and
implementations, both past and present.
- Ensures all changes go through appropriate review, change
control, and acceptance before implementation.
- Leads development, testing, and QA functions to ensure projects
are securely delivered and fulfill expectations.
- Builds and maintains relationships with teams and third parties
on network development or support issues.
- Provides highest level of technical consultancy to ensure
problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible
- Works with the Information Security team to ensure solutions
deployed meet Mariner's security requirements and provides
technical assistance for investigation and analysis of security
- Develops processes and procedures for use by the Network team
and third parties in the management of network environments.
Provides technical management and functionality of key management,
monitoring, and administrative tools such as Solarwinds and Meraki
Cloud portal tools.
- Develops solutions and builds plans to effectively gain buy-in
from all participants.
- Develops and streamlines processes to further improve delivery
of Network and Telecommunication services.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may apply.---
- Ten or more (10+) years related experience in
infrastructure/network environments and designing, planning,
documenting and implementing LANs and WANs using latest
- Three or more (3+) years of experience in a Sr. Network
- Expertise on IP Technologies and WAN technologies including
both MPLS and SD-WAN.
- Strong engineering knowledge of network hardware, specifically
Cisco wireless technology, routers, firewalls, switches, and data
center technology such as Cisco Nexus.
- Extensive experience and expertise on IP routing protocols such
as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
- Knowledge of Cisco encryption technologies (IPSec, SSL), and
hot standby protocols HSRP and VRRP.
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including
common application protocols.
- Experience in high-availability networks in load-balanced,
n-tier application environments.
- Able to clearly and correctly express complex technical
concepts in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to
multitask, change direction, effectively prioritize, and meet
- Ability to occasionally adjust work schedule to meet business
needs (standard is 40 hour week, with occasional after hours and
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the
ability to work effectively with both local and remote staff,
teammates, and managers.---
- CCNP certification.
- Meraki SD-WAN experience.Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to drive; sit; use hands to handle; reach with hands and
arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move
up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Mariner Finance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, marital status, age,
religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or
status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Compensation: Salary (commensurate with experience) + Bonus
Benefits: Health (optional HSA with Employer Contributions),
Vision, Dental, Basic Life, PTO and 11 paid holidays, 401K +
company match, Paid Parental Leave
Mariner Finance, LLC - NMLS #166564
Keywords: Mariner Finance, LLC, Baltimore , Senior Network Engineer, Accounting, Auditing , Nottingham, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!