Patient Accounting Specialist - Remote
Company: Mercy Medical Center - Baltimore, MD
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Become a member of the Mercy family by joining our Physician
Billing Department. Being a member of the Mercy family you become
part of not only an organization but a family, dedicated to
providing the highest standards of care and serving all individuals
with courtesy, respect and compassion.
This position is responsible for the billing process, which
* Prepping and reviewing all physician claims
* Confirms the physician bills to the correct third party payer
(ensuring that the turnaround time for payments are minimal and a
positive cash flow is maintained).
* Performing follow-ups until a claim is resolved.
* Able to work in conjunction with other finance department.
* Displays initiative, efficiency and is proficient in correcting
problems so that all customer expectations are met.
Advantages in this position:
* Flexible Schedule (ex. 4/10 hour days, etc.)
* This position offers a hybrid in office and/ or remote
* Must be able to work during business hours ranging from 8:00am -
6:00pm, Monday - Friday (no weekends or evenings available).
What We Can Offer You:
* We have been recognized as the #2 hospital in the State of
Maryland for 2 years running by U.S. News & World Report.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development
* We are a faith based mission-oriented that values our employees
irrespective of faith or ethnicity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to
utilize one or more of the following: Microsoft Word, Power Point,
Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Meditech (if applicable to position) Epic
(if applicable to position), Performance Manager/NetLearning
* Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an
* Must be able to work independently and possess the ability to
make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such
* Must possess the ability to effectively communicate and deal
tactfully with other personnel, visitors, patients, physicians,
customers, and the general public.
* Must be flexible, have personal integrity, and the ability to
function effectively as a team with other employees.
* Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
* Must be able to work independently.
* Must be knowledgeable in data entry and filing duties.
* Must be able to use a variety of mechanical equipment such as
copiers, Computers, facsimile machines and postage equipment.
* Must be able to communicate and/or process the knowledge, skills
or abilities to effectively interact and are for the specific ages
of patients served.
Education and Work Experience:
* 2 - 3 years' experience in A/R management in hospital or
physician group setting.
* Previous experience with hospital / physician billing system
* Previous experience with MS Office products (Word, Excel,
Mercy Health Services is sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy. We are
an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) recruiting talent for Mercy
Health Services, which serves the greater Baltimore Metro and
surrounding Maryland areas.
Keywords: Mercy Medical Center - Baltimore, MD, Baltimore , Patient Accounting Specialist - Remote, Accounting, Auditing , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!