VP - Finance - To $110K - Baltimore, MD - Job # 2848
Company: The Symicor Group
Posted on: January 27, 2023
VP - Finance - To $110K - Baltimore, MD - Job # 2848Who We
AreThe Symicor Group is a boutique talent acquisition firm based in
Lincolnshire, IL & San Antonio, TX. Our nationally unique value
proposition centers around providing the very best available
banking and accounting talent. In fact, most of our recruiters are
former bankers or accountants themselves!We know how to evaluate
the very best banking and accounting talent available in the
market. Whether you are a candidate seeking a new opportunity or a
bank or company president trying to fill an essential position, The
Symicor Group stands ready to deliver premium results for you. The
Position Our community bank client is seeking to fill a VP -
Finance role to be based in the Baltimore, MD area. The candidate
will manage the institution's accounting practices ensuring
accuracy, appropriateness, and conformance to generally accepted
accounting principles (GAAP), policies and procedures, and other
requirements.This position offers a competitive salary of up to
$110K and a full benefits package. (This is not a remote
position).VP - Finance responsibilities include:
- Managing the financial function of the institution to meet the
objectives set forth in the strategic plan.
- Managing the daily operations of the finance function, the
administration, and documentation of all facets of information,
data, and electronic services, and administration of the human
- Ensuring the optimum performance of the finance function by
recommending and implementing techniques to improve productivity,
increase efficiencies, cut costs, and take advantage of
opportunities where appropriate.
- Supervising the accounting staff providing the necessary
leadership for optimal departmental performance.
- Preparing month-end reports and financial statements including
Statement of Financial Condition.
- Forecasting short-range and long-range cash obligations and
monitor operating cash requirements.
- Protecting assets through proper accounting and internal
control procedures and proper insurance coverage.
- Processing wire requests, and account updates for charge-offs,
garnishments, and escheatment.
- Optimizing profitability while meeting growth and service
- Serving as primary contact with external auditors.
- Preparing quarterly ALM reports for the ALM committee or more
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of direct reports,
providing prompt and objective coaching and counseling as
- Overseeing the administration of member IRA accounts in
compliance with regulations, including required notices and
- Overseeing the processing of payroll and employee benefits. Who
Are You? You're someone who wants to influence your own
development. You're looking for an opportunity where you can pursue
your interests and your passion. Where a job title is not
considered the final definition of who you are, but merely the
starting point for your future.You also bring the following skills
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of five years of experience in
accounting or finance; or a combination of relevant education and
- Two or more years of experience in a financial
- Two or more years of relevant supervisory or management
- Highly skilled in preparing and analyzing financial and numeric
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Ability to organize and analyze complex financial
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn, procedures for
court-ordered actions including bankruptcies and garnishments.
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of accounting
- Knowledge of electronic equipment including hardware, software,
- Expert experience with Microsoft Excel.The next step is yours.
Email us your current resume along with the position you are
Keywords: The Symicor Group, Baltimore , VP - Finance - To $110K - Baltimore, MD - Job # 2848, Accounting, Auditing , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!