Company: T. Rowe Price
Location: Owings Mills
Posted on: January 14, 2018
Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client---s success.
If you---re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Senior Analyst in Finance Service Center---s Assets Under Management group identifies areas related to assets under management and cash flow data reporting that can be strengthened resulting in organizational efficiency and effectiveness that aids in moving the business forward. This role focuses on support designed to improve the quality of processes, information and services for our customers. This individual provides analysis of moderate to complex calculations, data structures, reporting and applications. This role leads some system enhancements, automations and projects providing a high level of technical expertise and/or deep business knowledge.
- Responsible for analyzing and defining business issues, opportunities, enhancements and implementing solutions. Independently leads moderate to complex projects and/or enhancements to existing processes, including oversight and execution of development, testing, implementation and, post-implementation support, and adoption within the organization. Projects may span weeks and/or months or years and involve coordination with both internal and external parties of various levels. Results have significant impacts on at least one or more groups within the organization
- Gathers and analyzes business requirements for moderate to complex projects as assigned. Incumbent performs necessary investigation, analysis and evaluation to determine project/enhancement feasibility. Incumbent develops and manages project documentation, proposals and business requirements and makes recommendation to Managers and business partners based on findings
- Provides ongoing support to institutional groups from a systems and/or business process troubleshooting perspective. Focuses on long term support of institutional business and its customers. Project work is complex in nature and typically relates to one of the firm---s core systems and/or initiatives. Continually updates affected parties on progress or issues to ensure deadlines and expectations are met.
- Responsible for using sound business judgment, technical knowledge and project management experience in order to navigate institutional business lines, exercising influence and persuasion where appropriate. Incumbent works with various levels of the Technology department, institutional business lines and management and/or external vendors in order to complete projects successfully on time and within budget.
- College degree and 2 years related work experience, or
- Associate degree and four years of related work experience, or
- High School diploma/equivalent and six years of related work experience
- Strong problem-solving, prioritization, and organization skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; position requires interaction with all levels of internal staff and external customers.
- Self-motivated and self-reliant. Must work well independently and take initiative with assigned projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- Prior experience leading business/technology projects
- Understanding of business software/systems analysis techniques
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels, including external parties.
- Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Negotiation skills.
- Process orientation.
- Bachelors Degree in Math, Finance or Accounting
- 5 or more years of demonstrated technical or industry knowledge
- Intermediate Business Objects experience
- Advanced Excel experience
- Microsoft Access experience
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: T. Rowe Price, Baltimore, Senior Analyst, Accounting, Auditing, Owings Mills, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!