Posted on: May 20, 2019
At Bozzuto, its all about experience. Whether its the experience
you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional.
Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the
pursuit of perfection, weve been creating inspiring, engaging and
vibrant communities for three decades.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and
memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the
people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary
experiences.Responsibilities:You will be a valuable and visible
contributor to the Accounting Department, by fulfilling daily
accounting tasks, reviewing monthly financial packages and
mentoring property accountants
As a Senior Accountant, your primary responsibilities include:
- Review financial packages of assigned property accountants to
ensure accuracy Train, develop and mentor assigned staff
accountants Maintain all aspects of accounting responsibility for
4- 6 properties Preparation of monthly financial information in
accordance with owner deadlines and requirements
- Forecasting cash flow
- Analysis of monthly financial statements.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Initiate monthly payments for debt service, owner
- Calculation of monthly management fees and other fees.
- Monthly general ledger account analysis and balance sheet
- Resolution of problems and issues as needed.
- Responsible for cash management of assets including
determination of what can be paid weekly.
- Cash management includes communication on all items involving
cash shortfalls and cash surpluses that involve capital calls or
distributions to owners.
- Responsible for making all real estate tax and insurance
payments timely to avoid late payments and penalties.
- Communicate with property owners and personnel as
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures and maintain
effective internal controls.
- Work as a team player in evaluating and resolving
discrepancies, as needed.
- Identify and implement process improvement.
What You Bring to Us:
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required.
- Four years of previous accounting experience, previous review
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
as well as maintaining excellent customer service
- Ability to adapt to ever changing processes and requests while
maintaining a positive and contagious spirit
- Strong personal initiative, enthusiasm, results orientation and
resourcefulness; exhibits sense of ownership and a commitment to
achieving the organizations goals and an ability to overcome
- High degree of responsibility and initiative with the desire to
advance beyond this position.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and
relate effectively, productively, and positively with other
Associates and owner contacts.
- Dependable, punctual, and reliable with a strong work
- Knowledge of or ability to learn property management accounting
processes, including use of any industry specific software.
- Typing and data entry skills.
- Ability to use a 10-key calculator accurately by touch.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and accounting
What We Bring You:In addition to an award winning culture and
amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance
options, financial programs, and benefits that let you and your
family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into
consideration everything from career development to retirement,
family matters, health and wellness. Bozzuto is committed to doing
everything it can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare
coverageincluding access to the best doctors and hospitals at an
affordable price. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Bozzuto, Baltimore , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Greenbelt, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!