Senior Financial Analyst, Manufacturing/Operations
Company: FMC Corporation
Posted on: October 19, 2019
FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on
agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and
cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by
controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds and disease, as well
as in non-agricultural markets for pest control.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees
exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are
important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your
education and professional experience are valued and put to use
from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result
in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility
and customer intimacy, we foster The Right Chemistry in everything
we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating,
developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our
markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is
ready to talk to you.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide Operations
Finance support to Agricultural Solutions North America Regional
Operations. The support will include reviewing operating budgets
and monthly forecasts at the site and regional level. Additionally,
the position will include preparing materials for Regional cost
reviews and providing explanations as necessary. As a senior
analyst you will be the direct contact for complex F/P (Formulation
& Packaging) sites as well as oversee the work of fellow
* Foster a strong business partner relationship and good
communication with Operations Management (Site and Regional
* Act as key Operations Finance point of contact for NA F/P
manufacturing sites and tollers
* Collaborate with Procurement team to review and validate raw
material purchase prices
* Support standard cost setting process at NA F/P site /
* Provide analysis and explanation of financial results. Qualified
candidate should have the ability to: 1) provide in-depth
explanation of results, 2) synthesize data to identify key business
drivers and 3) coordinate analysis across different locations.
Assess the quality of inputs, generate insightful outputs and
communicate effectively to decision makers
* Monitor and report financial performance, explain variances to
budgets, forecasts and prior year. Prepare and present consolidated
reports to management as appropriate. Understand root causes cause
of variances, work proactively with the different locations to
institutionalize improvements and remedy unfavorable performance.
This includes creating and maintaining spreadsheets to manage data
* Prepare consolidated monthly and quarterly financial reporting
packages as well as prepare presentations for budgets and
* Seek opportunities to improve the analysis of monthly financial
and operational results
* Provide business data and analysis to Global Operations
* Monitor performance against SLAs and escalate identified issues
* Support ad hoc projects
* Support SOX and internal audit as needed
* Participate in and / or review the following:
* Request costing master data change
* Develop operating budget (site-level)
* *Develop standard cost for products
* *Run standard cost reports and perform cost analysis
* *Collaborate with local site personnel to understand costs and
determine variances explanations
* Develop and update the rolling forecast
* *Prepare materials for site-level cost reviews
* *Support OF close activities (e.g., reserve/obsolete inventory
capital projects, physical inventory counts)
* Identify and drive reporting and process
* Ability to travel regularly to manufacturing locations
* *Ability to work in a matrix finance organization, working
closely with plant cost accountants, material leger accountants, GL
accounting team as well as other areas in finance where appropriate
(tax, treasury, ap)
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting/Finance/business required.
* MBA is desired
* CPA is desired
* Minimum of 5+ years diversified experience in financial planning
and analysis, product costing, and/or operations finance, within
manufacturing (preferably the chemicals industry).
* Strong financial acumen and analytics skills.
* Ability to build effective business relationships.
* Above average ERP (SAP preferred), Excel and BI and analytics
tools experience required.
* Experience with all aspects of financial reporting cycle
including development of annual business plan / budget, financial
projections / recurring forecasts and operations cost management
* Demonstrated ability or aptitude for computer systems, database
management and data assimilation, SAP experience mainly in COPA
(profitability analysis) module.
Excellent business partnering skills required.
Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with
executives and management is required.
Ability to influence outcomes and set overall performance
Strong analytical skills; with an ability to ask challenging
questions and get to the underlying issues.
Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and organizational
Ability to work in a matrix organization.
Strong written and oral presentations skills.
Proficient in the Microsoft office suite to include Excel and Power
At FMC, diversity and inclusion are in our DNA. We are proud to be
an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an
inclusive workplace where all employees can thrive regardless of
race, gender, sex, pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, citizenship
status, color, age, religion or religious creed, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status,
military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by
federal, state or local law. FMC also supports employee
participation in company employee resource groups that celebrate
the diverse backgrounds of our workforce by providing communities
for employees to connect with each other and raise awareness
Keywords: FMC Corporation, Baltimore , Senior Financial Analyst, Manufacturing/Operations, Accounting, Auditing , Philadelphia, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!