School Secretary SY 20-21
Company: Baltimore City Public Schools
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Under the supervision of a Principal or, central office department
or administrator, the Secretary performs a full range of
secretarial work and office support duties. Assignment of this job
class shall be in accordance with the Baltimore City Public Schools
allocation plan for secretarial positions.Essential Functions
- Exercises sound judgement, tact and courtesy in screening
visitors and telephone calls for superior; provides information or
answers to inquiries not requiring superior's attention or refers
callers to appropriate source on own initiative.
- Maintains supervisor's appointment schedule, revising as
necessary to accommodate changing priorities; contacts others to
arrange appointments or conferences; notifies superior in advance
of appointments; assembles correspondence, files and other
materials in preparation for meetings.
- Devises attractive and efficient formats for materials not
covered by standard formats.
- Reads correspondence and reports, and summarizes information to
facilitate superior's review.
- Prepares meeting agenda from superior's instructions and other
submitted material; provides agendas and related information to
superior and others.
- Composes correspondence, independently or with minimal
direction; may sign routine correspondence or form letters for
- Makes revises or cancels travel arrangements for superior;
maintains expense records and prepares reports.
- Logs and routes correspondence, information or work
instructions from supervisor to staff members; monitors deadlines
and follow-up actions.
- Maintains personal and confidential files and oversees
maintenance of other important or sensitive record systems.
- Receives training in or operate personal computers and/or work
- Performs a variety of general office support duties necessary
for efficient office operation.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal
employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws,
state laws, school board's policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 21.53 Minimum Salary 17.44 Desired Qualifications
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of office support experience, including one year in a
- Knowledge of business procedures/protocol.
- Knowledge of English grammar and usage, spelling, punctuation
- Knowledge of standard business formats for correspondence,
narrative reports and related materials.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment on a variety of matters
guided by general instructions.
- Ability to locate and retrieve information from a variety of
sources and to compile the information following general
- Ability to interact with other employees and the public with
tact and courtesy.
- Skilled in use of advanced computer programs, including
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the
ability to compose business correspondence. Full time or Part time
Full time Additional Details Qualified candidates for the above
position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum
qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences
and education related to the position to which you are
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and
all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include:
name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies
accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the
available options please see the information relevant to the union
for this position by viewing the following link: Notice of
Nondiscrimination Baltimore City Public Schools does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national
origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic
information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and
provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other
designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the
nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity
Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and
Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore,
MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position
is affiliated with the Paraprofessionals and School Related
Personnel (PSRP) bargaining unit.
Keywords: Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore , School Secretary SY 20-21, Administration, Clerical , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!