Company: University System of Maryland
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Please Note: The University System of Maryland Office (USMO) has
made the safety of our staff and our surrounding communities a top
priority. As part of that commitment, all staff are required to be
vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective employee at the USMO,
you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination before
the start of employment or be granted a request for a medical or
- Posted: 11/15/2021
- Best Consideration Date: 12/3/2021
- Closing Date: 12/10/2021Purpose of PositionTo provide
administrative assistance to the Office of Government Relations
during the 2022 Maryland legislative session. This is a contract
position; contract will run from January 1, 2022 to April 15,
- Assist the USM Office of Government Relations exclusively in
preparing materials for weekly/daily meetings.
- Schedule meetings both in-person and on various electronic
- Perform general office duties including copying, printing,
filing, answering phones.
- Submit testimony to committees and stakeholders as
directed.Minimum Qualifications Education: Associate's degree or
some college courses.Experience: 3 years of administrative
experience.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Skill in using Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms,
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to exercise strong professional discretion and judgment
in matters as they relate to the USM.Preferred
QualificationsEducation: Bachelor's degree.Experience: Legislative
and/or higher education experience.Knowledge, Skills, and
Abilities: N/AHours: FTApplication Instructions: Please combine
your cover letter, resume and list of references (at least three
references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word
document.Job Types: Full-time, ContractSchedule:
- Monday to FridayCOVID-19 considerations:All USM employees are
required to be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or
religious exemption. Masks are currently required for any in-office
work.Work Location: One location
Keywords: University System of Maryland, Baltimore , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Annapolis, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!