Licensed Practical Nurse - Central Staffing Office - Full TIme
Company: Anne Arundel Medical Center
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Contributes to the provision of high-quality, cost-effective
healthcare as a provider of direct and indirect patient care and by
effectively collaborating with other members of the health care
team. The LPN contributes to the nursing process in a team
relationship with the Registered Nurse.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides direct care to patients and families in a culturally,
developmentally, and appropriate manner.
- Consistently and thoroughly assesses patients to collect data
and identify learning needs according to established standards and
- Collaborates with the health care team in developing and
individualizing a plan of care for each patient in accordance with
established standards, appropriate prioritization of
problems/needs, and mutually agreed upon goals.
- Efficiently implements the patient's plan of care in accordance
with applicable standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Demonstrates proficiency in medication administration, pain
management, and other unit or initiative-specific skills.
- Organizes and reprioritizes patient care activities based on
patient and/or environmental changes.
- Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of the plan(s) of
care, making recommendations for revision to the health care team
based on analysis of patient responses to interventions.
- Consistently communicates changes in patient status to the
appropriate members of the health care team.
- Participates in QI, CPI, and risk management activities at the
unit, department, or organizational level.
- Participates in unit shared governance according to
- Participates in the education and orientation of new staff;
evaluates delegated activities for expected patient care
- Graduate of an accredited school of licensed practical nursing,
with successful completion of the LPN IV Medication Course and the
NLM Medication Exam.
- HS diploma/equivalent
- Adherence to credentialing requirements of AAMC as stated in
the nursing bylaws.
- Current licensure as a practical nurse by the Maryland Board of
- American Heart Association Healthcare Providers BLS.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position
will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of
force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions in accordance with the Americans with
The above job description is an overview of the functions and
requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be
an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this
position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed
Keywords: Anne Arundel Medical Center, Baltimore , Licensed Practical Nurse - Central Staffing Office - Full TIme, Administration, Clerical , Annapolis, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!