Service Line Practice Admin
Company: MedStar Health
Posted on: November 11, 2019
- Provides leadership in all aspects of the hospital's physician
practices. Assesses, plans and/or implements new initiatives as
indicated by market data and in concert with the Service Line's
strategic plan. Creates a positive working relationship among
divisions of the continuum and facilitates a productive working
relationship between the clinical teams and the medical staff and
other ancillary services. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and
- 5 years healthcare management experience, preferably in
- No special certification, registration or licensure is
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven
ability to work with diverse groups and support staff. High level
of customer service orientation. Excellent organization skills.
Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities independently.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and oversees services offered internally to ensure
that product is positioned with the consumer and services are
interfaced (e.g. marketing, education, registration, billing,
patient care and follow up). Ensures that resources are allocated
and deployed to meet practice objectives as well as ensuring
effective support from each area as required for efficient
- Develops and oversees successful implementation of the
strategic plan for practices offered at FSMC, including capital,
education, research, and space.
- Develops department goals, objectives, policies, and
procedures. Ensures compliance with hospital policies and
procedures and governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Establishes administrative/clinical structure to support
practices, including policies, procedures and management
- Meets with physicians, practice managers, senior team, service
line clinical administrator and physician leader on a regular and
ongoing basis to address and, if necessary, resolve issues related
to patient care, physician coverage and delivery of services.
- Mentors and coaches practice managers based on their strengths
and developmental needs. Serves as a resource in assisting practice
managers in the operation of the specific practice site.
- Oversees relevant performance improvement initiatives.
Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement
- Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the
department and hospital in community outreach efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Selects and manages the training, orientation, and assignment
of practice managers. Delegates tasks as appropriate. Develops
standards of performance, evaluates performance, and conducts
performance management planning. Identifies individual management
staff development needs and provides appropriate resources to meet
needs. Initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions.
Maintains ongoing communication with subordinates to review
programs, provide feedback, discuss new developments, and exchange
- Works with practice managers to develop department operating
budget and ensures that department operates within budget. About
MedStar HealthMedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest
quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C.,
region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education,
innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated
physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system,
including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations,
the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly
respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the
medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for
more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the
next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education
and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health
offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MedStar Health, Baltimore , Service Line Practice Admin, Administration, Clerical , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!