Company: County of York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Provides all aspects of court reporting services for the
Administrative Office of York County Courts.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *
* Take verbatim notes daily of all court proceedings in the Civil,
Criminal, and Orphan's Court Divisions of the Court of Common
Pleas, as per a 16-week rotating schedule and as requested by the
Chief Court Reporter.
* Transcribe, edit, and proofread all transcripts and orders.
* Electronically deliver transcripts and orders to all appropriate
parties and print when necessary.
* Realtime transcription of court proceedings for judges and
* Realtime transcription of court proceedings for attorneys and
parties upon request.
* Daily copy of transcripts provided electronically upon
* Filing and storage of raw stenographic notes and final
transcripts and orders for at least seven years after date of court
* Attend monthly court reporter meetings.
* Keep all Stenograph software updated.
* Maintain stenographic and computer equipment as per county
*REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: *
* Associate degree in Court Reporting and/or Bachelor's Degree OR a
Court Reporting Certificate
Average annual income $60,000-$80,000 which includes starting
hourly wage, orders and transcript fees, and generous compensation
for pages written on machine. CaseCATalyst software, laptop, and
Luminex II writer are provided. Reimbursement for NCRA/PCRA
membership dues, seminars, and certification testing. RPR preferred
but not required. Must be willing to write Realtime. $.75/hr
increase for CRR certification.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
*Billa R. Jamison, Deputy Court Administrator, Human Resources*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $25.11 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* York, PA 17401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Certified Court Reporter (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: County of York, Baltimore , Court Reporter, Advertising , York, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!