Sr. Manager, Investment Product Marketing - Equity
Company: T. Rowe Price
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client's success.
If you're looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price. PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Senior Marketing Manager for Investment Products leads and manages all aspects of go-to-market planning and implementation for investment products distributed through GIMS-USI; including formulating and defining the marketing strategy, positioning, content development, and measurement with the goal of improving and enhancing our ability to win and retain assets in the category. The Senior Marketing Manager for investment products is responsible for developing compelling messaging and collateral for investment products focused on asset class and vehicles distributed across US Intermediary client segments and executing campaigns to build awareness and promote engagement and consideration for the firm's capabilities in partnership with integrated and channel marketing.
The role collaborates with the Head of USI Investment Product Marketing, channel and integrated marketing, USI Sales Leadership, and the Product Group to identify marketing strategies and initiatives. The role oversees the execution of the product content, including the deliverables produced by other groups such as Global Client Investment Reporting (GCIR) and coordinates matrixed resources from other departments, such as investment management and shared services. The objective is to produce and disseminate sophisticated, intermediary and segment relevant content, including presentations, which will be curated by other groups such as channel marketing for custom client programs. In addition, this role will serve as the subject matter expert for integrated marketing for advertising, and public relations material that positively position and differentiate T. Rowe Price in the marketplace to increase awareness, consideration, and selection by institutional investors.
Oversee and Inform the Product Marketing Strategy for an Asset Class within USI - Responsible for setting the product agenda priorities for an asset class within USI. Accountable for developing the investment product marketing plan, framing our competitive positioning and rollout plans for investment products within an asset class. To understand our positioning, it will be important to leverage syndicated and primary research as well as flow data from Investment Product & Insight team to determine the SWOT analysis on our offer. Additionally, this manager will work with the segment leaders, channel marketers and Global Product Asset Class managers to determine the KPIs for the product.
Develop and Maintain the Investment Product Selling System for USI - Collaborates with internal stakeholders to define and develop investment product content working with product communications, Global Product Asset Class Managers, GCIR, and internal and external agencies. Also serves as the point person with Investment Professional (IP) usage within each asset class. Coordinates with PMs and Portfolio Specialist teams on IP usage and speaking opportunities.
Manage product launches and internal messaging- Solicit input from key stakeholders within sales, investments and channel marketing to build the necessary source content that will drive development of the sales story, the support collateral and promotions. This includes positioning documents, fusion templates and source presentations (example: Product Insight working with Integrated Marketing). This includes obtaining legal approvals, investment approvals when needed, buy in and training of client facing associates and coordination with segment and sales to deliver on a go-to market plan. Develop content with a commercial orientation providing actionable insight for our clients and their investor clients.
Measure offer effectiveness- Create and maintain a set of KPIs/measurements and publish on a regular basis for management and key stakeholders.
- College degree and 6 years of related work experience, or Associate degree and 8 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 10 years related work experience
- Deep investment product marketing experience focused on an asset class, e.g., US or Global Equity, Fixed Income, Multi-Asset. Strong knowledge of various vehicles, ETF, Funds, SMA and CITs, etc.
- Thorough understanding of intermediary distribution strategy and financial advisors' needs, challenges, and business process with proven experience in leveraging this knowledge to develop, launch and manage products and solutions that demonstrate added value for financial advisors and home office gatekeepers (specific to portfolio construction services, support, and intelligence).
- Key Investment product subject matter expert serving as the voice of the client (financial advisor) as well as the sales teams who activate the offers that the Product Manager has developed or will develop and manage in the future. The Product Manager will be responsible for managing and communicating the product roadmap and any changes to the strategic vision of the roadmap to this team as well as key stakeholders.
- Excellent influencing skills as this position is primarily integrating and aligning the priorities, needs and requirements of the broader USI Product & Marketing organization, USI Sales organization and the financial advisors whom these organizations serve to enhance existing products/offers and develop/launch new products/offers that optimize sales and end-user (client) experience to influence increased adoption of T. Rowe Price funds resulting in increased sales, net new flows, client engagements and new producers for U.S. Intermediaries.
- Proven ability to partner with sales leadership and field sales associates as well as channel marketing leads to ensure financial advisor (client) feedback is continuously provided to the Product Manager for the purpose of understanding the evolving needs of our clients across all channels (wealth, platforms, and retirement) and determining how our offers can be enhanced and optimized to continuously meet our clients changing needs and challenges as market and industry dynamics continue to be introduced in the market place (Ex: DOL Fiduciary Rule, increasing Broker/Dealer Home Office Discretion, etc.).
- Intellectually curious seeking to understand current market dynamics as well as industry trends that will affect future horizons and the ability of new and existing offers to continue to meet the needs of financial advisors in a way that adds value to their business process.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and challenge stakeholders (Sales and Marketing Leadership, National Account and Field Sales Managers, Portfolio Construction Specialists, GBS Agile working team, subordinate associates) effectively to advance consideration and debate of alternative points of view along with stewarding the needs of financial advisors and the sales associates who activate the investment products overseen by the Product Manager.
- Analytical skills to study, analyze and synthesize competitor and industry research and reports and lead proprietary competitive research initiatives that result in actionable recommendations and considerations for optimization of existing products/offers and the development or new products/offers.
- Strong presentation skills to small and large groups of internal and external stakeholders as well as clients (financial advisors).
- Series 7 and 63.
- Experience in financial service marketing
- Detail-oriented, organized with the ability to lead complex projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly-energized, creative thinker. Ability to turn ideas into actionable items
- Ability to stay on task in a dynamic and constantly changing environment
- A positive attitude
- Motivated with strong drive for business results
- Prior product marketing experience at another asset manager
- Experience working in financial services intermediary distribution organizations
- Experience working with in asset management or insurance company
- Relationship management experience (internal or with clients)
- Direct management of small teams (2-5 associates is acceptable)
- Participation in financial services industry associations
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: T. Rowe Price, Baltimore , Sr. Manager, Investment Product Marketing - Equity, Advertising , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!