Technical Writer - Business Development
Company: Cardno, Inc.
Posted on: October 22, 2019
The Technical Writer will play a key role within Cardno s business
development team, supporting new business growth through:
* Leading the technical proposal development for USAID/USG-funded
opportunities, working closely with Cardno s subject matter
experts/technical leads to communicate the strategic technical
approach and demonstrate our capabilities to implement the
* Co-leading the technical proposal planning and writing by
facilitating brainstorming, storyboarding, and facilitating white
boarding sessions; developing logical frameworks, win themes, and
theory of change, and negotiating and communicating writing
* Facilitating the development of a clear, winning vision; ensuring
responsiveness to solicitation requirements and client
* Participating in eminence-building efforts before and after
solicitation release, traveling on marketing trips, and
participating in regional/industry events.
* Contribute to technical writing of proposals, including writing
sections of technical proposal, and conceptualizes and contributes
to the development of technical proposal approach and strategies
for technical proposal applications and oral presentations/
* Contribute to business development by identifying opportunities
in new and current markets.
* Contribute to current and new technical services initiatives and
assists in identifying new market spaces through eminence-building,
marketing trips, and regional/industry events.
* Cultivate innovative ways of working by adopting multisector
approaches, providing cutting edge, innovate approaches to program
* Generate high impact innovative ideas and confidently considers,
introduces, and applies new approaches and solutions to complex
* Anticipate trends and impact of economic and political
environment on donor, partners, host governments, and client
expectations and feasibility of options to respond and incorporate
trends in proposal/ business development efforts.
* Implement strategic direction from a technical perspective,
through lessons learned, successes, tools, best practices, and
* Demonstrate effective problem-solving and decision-making
* Contribute to the evaluation of strategic approaches with
proposal team and provides technical assistance, training, and
deliverables that reflect donor and beneficiary needs.
* Ensure deliverables match with engagement scope and client
expectations and requirements.
* Follow strategic plan to ensure that changes implemented will be
* Network ideas in Cardno s key areas health, economic growth,
biodiversity, public financial management.
* Demonstrate availability, interest, excitement, and ability to
share ideas and communicate with colleagues.
* Leverage strong organizational, technical, process, and
communication skills to motivate a team.
* Show accountability for delivery of work and ensure timely
delivery and overall quality of technical output in a fiscally
* With VP BD and other Technical Leads, forge partnerships and
maintain excellent relationships with government, non-governmental
organizations, private sector, and donors to implement the
* Create visibility and credibility to appropriately position
Cardno for new and upcoming opportunities.
* Assist in publishing work in journals, through development of
white papers, in internal Cardno publications.
* Assist in developing abstracts for conferences and other external
events and upon acceptance, full development of papers and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Required: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, and 5+ years
experience in developing proposals for USAID.
* Preferred: Master's degree in a relevant field.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Demonstrated understanding of USAID and USG.
* Experience working with winning technical proposals across at
least one of the following areas: health, economic growth,
biodiversity, and public financial management.
* Detail-oriented, strong thinker with ability to thrive in
deadline-driven, dynamic environments.
* Demonstrated strong writing, editing, and proofreading
* Demonstrated skills in strategic development and competitive
analysis for proposal efforts.
* Ability to produce writing and/or editing sample required.
* Fluency in written and spoken English required.
CORE JOB COMPETENCIES
* Ability to deal with Ambiguity.
* Ability to solve problems.
* Ability to prioritize.
* Ability to manage through systems.
* Ability to build and maintain useful and wide ranging networks of
contacts at institution, country or regional level.
* Ability to quickly understand regional/country context and local
* Ability to build and maintain cooperative and productive
relationships with an effective range of internal and external
* Ability to negotiate effectively combining logic and reason with
* Knowledge and Experience in Development Arena: Translates
technical knowledge into practical applications and contributions
to area strategies.
* Navigating the Environment: Perspective; organizational agility;
political savvy and strategic agility.
* Ensuring Delivery of Results: Functional technical skills,
managing and measuring work, negotiating, information sharing,
* Core Personal Competencies: Ethics and values, strong listening,
presentation, writing and communication skills.
Keyboard use, pulling drawers, lifting papers
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
on this URL
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Cardno, Inc., Baltimore , Technical Writer - Business Development, Advertising , Arlington, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!