Instructor - Air Force Aerospace Science JROTC
Company: Baltimore City Public Schools
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Air Force Aerospace Science JROTC instructor to high school
level cadets. Assists the Senior Aerospace Science Instructor
(SASI) in managing and implementing the overall JROTC unit program
according to national, state, and district standards. Promotes
cadet intellectual, social, patriotic, character education, and
physical growth. Responsible for implementing the Air Force's
national education curriculum and program requirements to include
the preparation, planning, coordination, and supervision of all
co-curricular service learning, special activities or events
(military ball, drill meets, honor guards, and other
extra-curricular activities).Essential Functions
- Teach, assess, evaluate, and document student progress and
growth through formal and informal evaluations procedures.
- Evaluate students' progress and determine materials and
strategies to provide for their needs.
- Implement the Air Forces national curriculum, lesson plans,
curriculum related extra-curricular activities, and objectives with
other content areas in order to provi
- Instructs 180 hours of military directed subject materials in
classroom and leadership laboratory environment.
- Administer, advice, and appraise extracurricular teams (drill,
rifle, physical training, and academic challenge).
- Assist the SASI in determining and supervising cadets who serve
in key leadership positions (command and staff).
- Assumes direct responsibility for the development of
appropriate behavior of students within the school setting by
establishing and maintaining effective discipline and management
- Coordinates instructional activities and collaborates with
other professional staff, both school and non-school-based, as
required to maximize learning opportunities.
- Administer, advises, coordinate, and supervise special
activities or events such as the annual military ball, drill meets,
and summer leadership camp.
- Implement and maintain communication and coordination with the
school faculty and staff to promote cadet involvement in school
activities, cadet recruitment and retention.
- Coordinate, collaborate, and compile data for data records in
the automated cadet database.
- Participate in in-service and staff development and activities
and staff meetings as required or assigned.
- Ensure continuous communication with parents or guardians, both
written and oral, to keep them informed of a cadet?s progress.
- Assist the SAI in managing and submission of all reports
required by the Air Force and the district.
- Counsel, mentor, and tutor cadets as needed.
- Perform and promote all activities in compliance with equal
employment and non-discrimination policies; follow federal laws,
state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
- Retired Air Force active duty or gray area Reserve/National
Guard Non-Commissioned Officer, grades E6 to E9.
- Eligible to obtain Federal JROTC instructor certification.
- Associates Degree; Baccalaureate preferred.
- Meet current height and weight standards as outlined in
appropriate Air Force Service regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and automation
- Willing to wear the appropriate Service uniform and meet
personal grooming standards as outlined in Service
- Demonstrated troop level experience. Full time or Part time
Full time Additional Details Qualified candidates for the above
position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum
qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences
and education related to the position to which you are
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate and
all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include:
name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies
accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the
available options please see the information relevant to the union
for this position by viewing the following link: Notice of
Nondiscrimination Baltimore City Public Schools does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national
origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic
information, or age in its programs and activities and provides
equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated
youth groups.For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination
policies, please contactEqual Opportunity Manager, Title IX
CoordinatorEqual Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance200
E. North AvenueRoom 208Baltimore, MD 21202Phone 410-396-8542Fax
410-396-2955ORCoordinator ? Section 504Special Education and
Student Supports200 E. North AvenueRoom 210Baltimore, MD
21202Phone: 443-462-4247Email: If you believe you have been treated
differently because of your race or color, national origin or
ethnicity, religion of creed, sex or gender, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual
orientation, or gender identify or expression, you have the right
to file a complaint with the .You must within 90 days of the most
recent act(s) of discrimination or harassment This position is
affiliated with the Paraprofessionals and School Related Personnel
(PSRP) bargaining unit.
Keywords: Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore , Instructor - Air Force Aerospace Science JROTC, Education / Teaching , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!