Special Education Teacher
Company: The Chimes, Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION(S):
- Develops and monitors Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for
each student, utilizing On-line MD IEP.
- Plans and implements appropriate activities based on IEP and
established curriculums, including Maryland State Curriculum, and
incorporating community based instruction and functional life
- Uses appropriate behavior management strategies and
- Maintains current Maryland State Department of Education
- Attends and participates in parent meetings, staff meetings,
Team Share meetings, and other required meetings.
- Maintains each assigned student's quarterly report card.
- Plans for and implements assigned students' Maryland State
- Maintains and/or contributes to records for evaluation of
students' development and assessment.
- Supervises the performance of Teaching Assistants and Program
Assistants through the use of CPMS and by providing periodic input
to school administration relative to staff performance.
- Ability and willingness to utilize approved behavior management
techniques including physical interventions when required.
- Follows all Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs), Medical
protocols, and Sensory Diets as prescribed in assigned students'
- Assist in coordination, planning, and implementation of one
school wide special event each school year.
- Uses technology for the completion of specified job
- Attends work regularly according to assigned work schedule and
in accordance with Agency policy.
- Attends and participates in inservice training, staff meetings
and other activities to facilitate professional development.
- Works cooperatively with others including all staff,
supervisors, administrators, co-workers, people served, community
professionals, customers, vendors and the public.
- Assumes other duties, responsibilities and special projects as
- Ensures that equipment and supplies are accessible and in good
- Assists in maintaining an attractive and safe learning
- Cooperates in overall planning of program.
- Follows all routine administrative procedures according to
program and agency guidelines.
- Works cooperatively and effectively with Agency volunteers
maximizing the volunteers' experience while meeting the needs of
people served and the programs.
EDUCATION: Conforms to requirements delineated by the Maryland
State Department of Education, COMAR By Laws, 13A 09.10.18A-C;
valid Maryland Certificates in special education.
EXPERIENCE: Must have an acceptable driving record as determined by
criteria established by the Agency's insurance carrier and by
NOTE: At the discretion of the Personnel Officer, additional
related experience and/or education may be substituted in lieu of
the requirements specified above under Education and
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: The Chimes, Inc., Baltimore , Special Education Teacher, Education / Teaching , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!