Company: Baltimore County Public Schools
Posted on: February 10, 2024
BALTIMORE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLSJOB TITLE: Mathematics (grades
6-12) Classroom TeacherREPORTS TO: School PrincipalDEFINITION:
Under the direction of the school principal, plans and provides for
appropriate learning experiences for students. Instructs and
supervises students in a variety of school-related settings.
Monitors and evaluates student outcomes. Performs other duties as
assigned.Examples Of Essential Duties
- Meets and instructs assigned classes at designated locations
and times. Maintains a safe and orderly learning environment.
- Plans and implements instructional programs that adhere to
system-wide goals and priorities and meet the needs, interests, and
abilities of students.
- Prepares and documents appropriate lesson plans, based upon
adopted curricula, to teach instructional objectives.
- Creates an instructional environment that is conducive to the
intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of
- Communicates standards, achievements, and deficiencies to
students and parents. Meets with students and parents.
- Maintains complete and accurate student academic, attendance,
and disciplinary records. Monitors and assesses students academic
- Oversees the appropriate use and care of textbooks,
instructional materials, facilities, and equipment.
- Collaborates with school administrators, other teachers,
paraeducators, parents, and community members in the education of
- Attends staff meetings. Serves on various committees.Minimum
QualificationsEducation, Training, and Experience:Graduation from
an accredited college or university with a bachelors degree in an
applicable field.Licenses And CertificatesPossession of, or
eligibility for, a Maryland Certificate commensurate to the
position is required.Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of pedagogy.
Knowledge of curriculum. Knowledge of effective instructional
techniques. Knowledge of instructional materials and
- Skill in instructing students. Skill in preparing and
implementing lesson plans. Skill in communicating with students,
their parents, administrators, and others.
- Technology competency. Knowledge of and skill in the use of
database, internet, spreadsheet, word processing, and related
- Ability to properly maintain confidential information.Physical
And Environmental ConditionsThe work of this class is generally
performed in a school environment. Work may require the ability to
move around the school and classroom.Conditions Of
EmploymentRequires attendance at after-school and evening meetings
and events.FLSA STATUS: ExemptEligible for membership in the
Maryland State Retirement Agency.This document describes the duties
and responsibilities of a position. It shall not be held to exclude
duties not referenced nor limit the right of management to assign
work to employees.Citizenship, Residency Or Work VISA In United
States RequiredApplication InstructionsPlease read and carefully
follow the instructions provided below.
- Applicants are required to have a completed application on file
for employment with Baltimore County Public Schools (BCPS). Each
time an applicant applies to a job with BCPS, the application must
be resubmitted. If an applicant started an application with BCPS in
the past and at a later date decides to apply for additional
positions, it is the applicant's responsibility to review the
entire application and ensure that all data is up to date (for
example, the applicant may need to add additional schooling or
certifications, an additional work experience, or provide updated
references). The applicant must remember to review the entire
application each time for accuracy and submit each time for a new
or different vacancy.
- Professional references must be submitted to complete your
application. Examples of professional references include current
and former principals, supervisors, managers, mentor teachers and
university/college supervisors. Personal references from
colleagues, friends, community members, etc. will not be accepted.
Applicants should notify their reference proactively to inform them
they will receive a form via email through a MAILBOT email address
from Baltimore County Public Schools. Applicants should also inform
their reference(s) of the job they are applying to.
- Be sure to account for all periods of employment and
unemployment, including student teaching and internship experience,
and include names, addresses, and telephone numbers of
- Be sure to answer all criminal background questions. If you
answer "yes" to any of the criminal background questions you must
provide a written explanation. A criminal offense does not
necessarily exclude an applicant from employment with BCPS. Factors
such as passage of time since the offense, the nature of the
violation, and the extent of rehabilitation will be taken into
consideration.Before you can be considered for employment, you MUST
have the following items attached to your application:
- A copy of your TEACHER CERTIFICATION. (if applicable)
- A copy of your TRANSCRIPTS.
- A copy of your PRAXIS or other state test scores.
- A copy of your MARYLAND IN-SERVICE COURSE SLIPS. (if
- All persons employed by the Baltimore County Public Schools,
regular and temporary, are required to be fingerprinted and have a
criminal background investigation (per COMAR) completed. The fee
charged for fingerprinting is $109. An identification card will be
issued which must be shown before employment.
- Anyone offered employment is required to provide proper
identification and documentation of eligibility for employment in
- If you have military experience you will be asked to provide a
copy of DD214.
- Official transcripts for all higher education must be received
before contract signing.
- Some positions will require employees to undergo a physical
examination and/or drug testing.
- All newly hired personnel must attend a Badges and Benefits
- Additional job verification will be required for salary
credit.Non-Discrimination StatementThe Board of Education of
Baltimore County does not discriminate based on race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or
veteran status in matters affecting employment or in providing
access to educational programs or activities and provides equal
access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Inquiries regarding the Boards nondiscrimination policies should be
directed to: EEO Officer, Office of Equal Employment Opportunity,
Baltimore County Public Schools, 6901 Charles Street, Building B,
Towson, Maryland 21204 (443-809-8937). There is a compliance
officer responsible for identifying, preventing, and remedying
prohibited harassment concerning students. Complaints of harassment
should be directed to the executive director, Department of School
Safety and Security, 9600 Pulaski Park Drive, Suite 118, Baltimore,
MD 21220 (443-809-4360).Contact InformationChloe DuncanHuman
Resource Officer (HRO)Office of Certified - Staffing6901 Charles
Street, E BuildingTowson, Maryland 21204Phone: 443-809-4146Fax:
Keywords: Baltimore County Public Schools, Baltimore , Mathematics Teacher, Education / Teaching , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!