Department Assistant - Engineering
Company: Baltimore City Public Schools
Posted on: December 5, 2019
The Department Assistant - Engineering supports the administration
of the day-to-day operations of the Engineering office. The
Department Assistant carries out responsibilities for the purpose
of providing a variety of clerical support to the
Manager-Engineering and the department, such as record-keeping,
creating correspondence, presentations, work orders, tables, forms,
reports, requisitions, timesheets, and travel reimbursements.
Investigates and responds to queries by retrieving information in
manual and electronic databases. Maintains a variety of manual and
electronic documents, files and records (e.g. departmental
databases, calendars). Some responsibilities will be to support in
the following functional areas: department administrative support,
data entry and maintenance, customer and vendor relations,
inventory management, and monitoring district-wide oil levels for
boiler operations.Essential Functions
- Performs administrative activities in support of the
Manager-Engineering and department.
- Monitors oil levels to ensure adequacy for boiler operation for
heating and supplying of hot water.
- Processes work orders in School Dude and routing to appropriate
department to address.
- Coordinates assigned projects and/or department travel needs
(i.e. arrangements for conferences and meetings, travel
- Monitors the status/action of delegated departmental
assignments and/or tasks.
- Responds to requests and inquiries by searching and retrieving
- Composes, processes, and drafts incoming and outgoing
- Performs data entry, and must have the ability to prepare
charts, presentations, reports, forms and other documents and/or
materials for use in meetings and throughout department.
- Greets and directs visitors for the Engineering department;
maintains and schedules appointments as needed.
- Orders, receives, organizes, and maintains office inventory,
equipment and materials and monitors supply costs. Contacts vendors
to ensure supplies and inventory are delivered to meet departmental
- Processes payroll, including sensitive and confidential
- Receives and directs inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Processes, files, & maintains engineering records as
- Responds to visitors, employees, and departmental leadership in
a cooperative and constructive manner; requires support to other
department personnel and responds to requests for information and
- Develops and maintains expertise through ongoing professional
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal
employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws,
state laws, school board?s policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 21.53 Minimum Salary 17.44 Desired Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree
preferred. Degree must be from an accredited college or
- Two years of administrative support experience with
demonstrable skills in effectively collecting, compiling, analyzing
and assembling records for producing reports.
- Skilled in the use of computer applications including Microsoft
Office, Outlook, and district information systems such as Oracle,
K12 Buy, or similar software.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with
other departmental officials, associates and employees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Full time or
Part time Full time Additional Details Qualified candidates for the
above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum
qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences
and education related to the position to which you are
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate and
all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include:
name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies
accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the
available options please see the information relevant to the union
for this position by viewing the following link: Baltimore City
Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on
the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or
age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please
contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North
Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone);
Keywords: Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore , Department Assistant - Engineering, Engineering , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!