Lead Mechanic- Motor Equipment
Company: Baltimore City Public Schools
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Leads mechanics engaged in diagnostic, installation, maintenance
and repair work on a variety of automotive and other mechanical
equipment and performs highly specialized repair or rebuild
- Diagnoses problems and performs highly skilled repairs on
gasoline and diesel automobiles, trucks and other heavy
- Leads Motor Equipment Mechanics and Automotive Maintenance
Workers and Heavy Equipment Operators by assigning, guiding and
reviewing such work.
- Repairs and rebuilds engines, brake systems, clutches,
transmissions, differential assemblies and other vehicle
- Repairs and replaces generators, alternators and ignition
- Road tests a variety of vehicles to ensure adequacy of
- May repair and rebuild heavy equipment such as graders,
rollers, compressors, bulldozers, backhoes, front-end loaders and
similar heavy or specialized equipment.
- May troubleshoot, repair or adjust hydraulic systems; may
remove and replace components of hydraulic systems.
- Completes reports detailing nature and extent of repairs.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal
employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws,
state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 27.43 Minimum Salary 22.41 Desired Qualifications
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Five years of experience in the maintenance and repair of
automotive and other mechanical equipment.
- Maryland Class A Restricted Commercial driver?s license, or an
equivalent out-of-state driver?s license.
- Knowledge of the operation and repair of various gasoline and
diesel vehicles and specialized equipment, including engines,
transmissions, clutch assemblies and other complex components.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment and machinery used in the
repair of gasoline and diesel vehicles and equipment.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of repair and MSDE requirements for school
- Skilled in overhauling engines, transmissions, fuel systems,
electrical systems and other major components on vehicles and
- Ability to read and interpret service manuals, parts catalogs,
schematics and written work rules.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records. Full time or Part time
Full time Additional Details Qualified candidates for the above
position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum
qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences
and education related to the position to which you are
- Upload copies of all transcripts ?undergraduate, graduate and
all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include:
name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies
accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the
available options please see the information relevant to the union
for this position by viewing the following link: If you wish to
apply for this position, click the Register and Apply Now Button
below.Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity
employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual
candidates.Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in
any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or
national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran
status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the
nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment
Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD
21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is
affiliated with the City Union of Baltimore (CUB) bargaining
Keywords: Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore , Lead Mechanic- Motor Equipment, Engineering , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!