Network Engineer Sr
Company: OneMain Financial
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The Senior Network Security Engineer will work within a team of
Network Engineers and handle the deployment, maintenance and
troubleshooting of the OneMain enterprise network all from a
security perspective. The engineer must take part in secure design
discussions of network equipment in coordination with the Company
Cybersecurity Architect. The engineer must be able to interpret the
Network Security Standards published by OneMain and engineer
solutions that conform to these standards. The engineer must have
good documentation and communication skills and be willing to take
part in strategy conversations to continuously adapt at securing
the OneMain network.The Senior Network Security Engineer will work
in the Network Services group and across several business and
technology organizations.Key Responsibilities:
- Network security design, configuration, deployment, and
troubleshooting in a large enterprise environment in compliance
with OneMain standards and documentation requirements.
- Automation of policy creation to build segmentation models and
automate policy enforcement across on-premises and cloud data
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose all
potential network problems.
- Solve complex problems with many variables.
- Support the planning, quality assurance, architecture design,
and innovation for security services with the OneMain' s
- Regular participation in security risk assessments and address
any findings from a network security perspective.
- Ensure inclusion of security standards and alignment with
technical and reference architectures from both internal and
reference organizations, (e.g., NIST, ISO, and CIS)
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines
for various projects.
- Manage technology vendor communication to ensure service level
agreements are met.
- Stay abreast of changes in network security protocols and
monitoring practices to maintain effective visibility and
- Flexible to work in approved maintenance windows during nights
and weekends as necessary.Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Networking, Cybersecurity, or similar
field of study
- 7+ years of Network Security experience with large enterprise
- Extensive technical knowledge in at least 3 of the following
areas: Network Segmentation Techniques, Secure Web Gateways,
Next-Generation Firewalls, Network Admission Control Systems,
Hybrid Cloud Environments (AWS, Azure), Wireless Security, or DHCP,
DNS and IPAM (DDI), Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Strong understanding of network technologies, including, but
not limited to: Routing Protocols, Switching Protocols, IPsec,
RADIUS, TACACS+, VRFs, and QoS.
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity controls and
technologies, such as Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
(IPS/IDS), Security Incident Event Managers (SIEM), Public Key
Infrastructure (PKI), Tunnel Layer Security (TLS), Endpoint
Detection and Response (EDR), and Threat Intelligence
- Strong understanding of network segmentation and micro
segmentation methodologies and technologies, including, but not
limited to: Tetration, Guardicore, Illumio, VArmour
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ability to track, manage, and ensure project tasks are
completed on time.
- An industry recognized Network Security Engineer Certification
preferredNote: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship
and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job
opportunity.Benefits:Because we want our team members to bring us
their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right
opportunities and benefits. That's why we packed our comprehensive
benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options for team members and their
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Bonus eligible
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time
- And moreOur Company:OneMain Financial is the country's largest
lending-exclusive financial company, proudly serving millions of
customers with safe, affordable and transparent installment loans.
Our customers turn to us every day-online and at 1,500 branches in
44 states-to help them take control and improve their financial
lives with solutions for debt consolidation, medical expenses,
household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. Our talented
and dedicated team members constantly look for responsible ways to
serve our customers when, where and how they want. It's all about
doing the right thing-a mission that hasn't changed for more than
Keywords: OneMain Financial, Baltimore , Network Engineer Sr, Engineering , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!