Cloud DevOps Engineer
Company: Medix Technology
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Senior AWS Cloud DevOps EngineerWashington, D.C.Direct Hire
OVERVIEWOne of Medix's most prominent healthcare clients is seeking
a Sr DevOps Engineer to join their team due to rapid growth in
their Application Developments. They are seeking someone to help
with their on premise infrastructure management!
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Work closely with Cloud Architects, Platform as a Service
Developers, Security, and business stakeholders to implement Cloud
Architectures that span a variety of cloud services - Serverless,
Container, Server, component-based, and Hybrid.
- Extensive knowledge of AWS cloud architecture
- Configuring, deploying and maintaining Cloud Infrastructure
using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) concepts -- such as: AWS
CloudFormation, Terraform, with JSON and YAML Scripting.
- Automating the software deployment and release cycles with
cloud technology, integrated into a Continuous Integration and
Delivery tool such as Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab, etc.
- Deep hands-on understanding High Availability, Scalability,
Secure Cloud, Disaster Recovery, and Release Management as
implemented among various architectures eg: Serverless, Container,
- Participating DevOps for serverless applications in the cloud:
Amazon: AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon S3, and Amazon
- Collaborating with peers as a subject matter expert on Cloud,
Release Management, Datacenter Technologies, Automation,
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), IaC, Pipeline as Code (PaC),
SysOps and DevOps
- Development of Release Management strategies for various
architectures; Zero Downtime Deployments, Blue-Green, Canary
- Configuration and Management of RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
Servers to run custom built applications using Configuration
Management (CM) tooling such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Working knowledge of Networking, ability to implement secure
cloud and hybrid networks.
- Working within a knowledge of security best practices
- Setting up metrics and monitoring cloud and custom applications
consumption / performance using: Amazon CloudWatch / CloudTrail,
AppDynamics, or similar tools.
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Required Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Required 5-7+ years of professional experience
- Required 3+ years working in an Agile / Cloud DevOps
- Certifications a plus: AWS Cloud Certifications: AWS Certified
SysOps Administrator (CSOA), AWS Certified DevOps Engineer -
Professional (AWS DevOps Pro), AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Advanced experience in developing and deploying Infrastructure
as Code templates: AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, JSON and YAML
- Experience with Configuration and Management tools for servers
running custom built applications: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with a Continuous Integration (CI) Server such as
Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, etc
- Advanced to Expert experience in configuring metrics and
monitoring cloud tools: Amazon CloudWatch / CloudTrail
**No Opportunity for Sponsorship now or in the future**
Keywords: Medix Technology, Baltimore , Cloud DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!