Senior Staff Privacy Engineer, Firefox
Posted on: January 16, 2022
A lot of companies say theyre mission-driven. Our unique corporate
structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our
mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and
welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor
investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the
not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all
over the world, Mozilla Corporations staff designs, builds, and
distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on
their own terms. Our flagship product the Firefox browser has
expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts
them of risks.
- Opportunity to impact and influence privacy features in
- Develop cutting-edge privacy features with world-class
engineering and cross-functional teams to protect the privacy of
millions of Firefox users.
- Develop a good understanding of the technologies used to track
users online like browser fingerprinting, cookie synchronization,
and persistent tracking techniques.
- Help analyze and develop privacy-preserving technologies for
core web functions such as authentication, monetization, and
- Provide recommendations and represent Mozilla in web standards
What You'll Get To Do
- Lead the team to build reliable, efficient, and well-tested
solutions to complex problems that directly impact users security,
privacy, and convenience.
- Work closely with the Privacy team to productize, integrate,
and maintain privacy features in Firefox.
- Shape the future of the web by editing and reviewing web
standards for privacy-preserving APIs.
What You Bring
- 2+ years in a previous leadership role in software development
- Understanding of the core web technologies like the same origin
policy and storage access policies.
- Understanding of the Web architecture, APIs, and design
- Effectively collaborate and lead across a diverse and
cross-functional team, including interaction with external
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for user privacy.
- Ability to quickly analyze and solve sophisticated software
development problems spanning multiple components, sometimes
outside your area of expertise.
- Be comfortable navigating large and complex codebases.
- Programming experience in at least one major programming
Bonus points for
- Experience auditing the privacy practices of websites or
- Experience working on web client technology such as browsers or
- Participation in an internet standards body such as the W3C or
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource
accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better
than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give
yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users
everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your
life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform
and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and
forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the companys core
mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members
of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not
limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with
disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender
identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion
(including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender
identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy,
ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation,
age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status,
citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis
covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate
discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics
or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Keywords: Mozilla, Baltimore , Senior Staff Privacy Engineer, Firefox, Engineering , Laurel, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!