RF Microwave Design Engineer - Principal/Sr. Principal
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: March 20, 2023
RF Microwave Design Engineer - Principal/Sr. Principal
- Location: Baltimore, MD, USA
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be
- Positions Available: 3 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop/Optimize customer facing software applications for
hardware design support
- Develop/manage internal databases schema to supports various
hardware design systems and program resources.
- Structure, transform, and analyze data to gain insights that
will provide opportunities to improve business intelligence in
- Develop/Optimize automated test scripts to support verification
engineers, and subsystem hardware design.
- Collaborating with peer functions such as Mechanical,
Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, and Test
- Deriving and trading requirements with subsystem engineers and
component level designers
- Supporting products throughout the product life cycle
- Collaborating with Test engineers to support in lab
verification efforts of measurements and testing.Note on position
level:This position may be filled at either the T03 Principal
Engineer level or a T04 Senior Principal Engineer level.T03
Principal Engineer requires: 5 Years with Bachelor's in science; 3
Years with Masters;T04 Senior Principal Engineer requires 9 Years
with Bachelor's in science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with
- Electrical Engineering or related STEM field degree: Bachelor
of Science or Master of Science or PhD degree
- Proficiency with software programing languages such as
- Familiar with fundamentals of electronics, mechanical
requirements, and schematic drawings
- Familiar with data processing techniques
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Productive in a team working environment
- Computer Science degree
- Relational database experience
- White box testing
- Customer-focused software development
- Proficient with software environment such as C#, MATLAB,
- Proficient with analytical tools such as Tableau, Microsoft
Power Bi, R Studio
- RF measurements and lab testing experience
- Secret clearance or SSBI/SCI Salary Range: $99,800 USD -
$149,800 USD Salary Range 2: $123,800 USD - $185,800 USD Employees
may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay.
Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as
well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in
Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term
Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety
of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company
encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19
vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in
the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical
or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions
and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor
vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Baltimore , RF Microwave Design Engineer - Principal/Sr. Principal, Engineering , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...