Diesel Mechanic- First Group
Company: First Vehicle Services
Location: Bel Air
Posted on: May 28, 2023
First things First: Who are we? First Vehicle Services is a
leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance
services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has
been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and
maintenance services at governments, school districts,
petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities,
and private organizations throughout the United States. Why join
First as a Mechanic?
- $26 - $30 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- $1,000 sign-on bonus*
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday Friday 7:00 am to 03:30 pm full-time shift schedule and
consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Position As a Mechanic with First Vehicle
Services, you will help maintain and repair dump trucks, loaders,
graders, sweepers, backhoes, trailers, and ambulances to ensure
vehicle readiness & safety. Other major job duties include:
- Take the lead on preventative maintenance (PMs), safety
inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, engines, drivetrains, transmissions,
and other repairs.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
necessary.Qualifications for Mechanic
- Valid driver s license required.
- CDL preferred; we offer training!
- At least 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
employment experience or a combination of technical school
education & experience.
- Strong diagnostic skills and problem-solving ability
- Possess a mechanic s tool set
- ASE certifications preferred. Must be willing to participate in
company ASE certification program.
- Subject to DOT drug testing and physical. DOT Regulation 49 CFR
Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including
marijuana, for any reason.Get your career on the road with First
Vehicle Services! *Conditions apply; sign-on bonus expires July
31st, 2023First Transit has been purchased by Transdev and will be
the employer for this job posting. We are the leading integrator
and operator of multiple modes of transportation. With a combined
presence in 43 US states, plus DC and Puerto Rico, we have lots of
opportunities for growth! You can find additional job opportunities
and locations directly at www.transdevNA.jobs.We aspire to have a
culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain
a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
all. Associated topics: ansys, assembly, design, mechanical
engineer, motor, powertrain, proe, solidworks, thermal,
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Baltimore , Diesel Mechanic- First Group, Engineering , Bel Air, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...