Posted on: September 21, 2023
The Transwestern companies together comprise a privately held,
diversified real estate services, investment management and
A unique approach underlies our success. We do business differently
by empowering our team members with the resources and independence
to deliver extraordinary results to our clients. It's simple. We
start with hiring hard-working, smart, genuinely good people, and
organize them in collaborative cross-functional teams. We give them
the support to outperform and the freedom to take ownership as they
work to exceed our clients' expectations. We do business
differently, and that makes us Transwestern.The Engineer is
responsible for working directly with the property and engineering
management in implementing and maintaining the energy management,
preventive maintenance, quality standards, operating objectives,
and goals of the owner and Transwestern (TW). This must be done in
a manner that not only protects, but also maximizes the value of
the property. -It is the policy of TW that the highest possible
professional standards be maintained at all times when you perform
your assigned duties and responsibilities. Our success as a
business is directly related to the quality of the services that we
provide. In the performance of your duties as an Engineer as
described below, you are accountable for all of your actions. Your
contact with tenants, prospective tenants, owners, and vendors is
to be guided by the highest professional standards including
positive, supportive, friendly behavior and legendary
service.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform all plumbing, electrical or HVAC requirements of the
- Maintain heaters, chillers, pumps, fan coil units, etc.
- Monitor and adjust all mechanical/pneumatic equipment, control
gauges, distributor panels, valves, thermostats, diffusers and
other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for
- Repair doors, ceilings, hand railings, and floors.
- Perform preventive maintenance duties, including changing
filters, oiling motors, replacing light fixtures,
inspecting/adjusting belts, replacing bearings, aligning shafts and
annual inspections as directed by manufacturers.
- Inspect engine room equipment, fan room equipment, cooling
tower, all motors, house pumps and sump pumps.
- Document and report activities.
- Clean, lubricate and service a wide variety of pumps, valves,
pneumatic controls, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade
maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
- Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and
equipment used in facility and ground maintenance.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer
- Inspect buildings, ground and equipment for unsafe or
- Inspect new installation for compliance with building codes and
- Maintain and operate life safety/fire systems.
- Perform welding, carpentry and snow removal when
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental
agency and Company directives as related to building operations and
practice safe work habits.POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years building maintenance experience. -
- Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e.
Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses.
- Must possess basic computer skills, ability to operate Windows
- Must have a thorough understanding of HVAC, electrical and
building automation systems. -
- Ability to interpret mechanical, electrical blueprints and
- Manage own time on a daily basis with little supervision.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities
and continually heavy workloads.
- Maybe required to work extended periods of time without relief
when responding to priority/emergency situations (including
overtime type assignments.)
- Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum
of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to
safely install rigging/lifting device.
- Lift and carry objects of up to 50 pounds for distances of up
to 30 feet.
- Climb ladders and stairs.WORK SHIFTFirst Shift (United States
of America)LOCATIONBaltimore, MDWe Are Transwestern!Transwestern's
Guiding Principles are woven into the fabric of our firm and
underscore the value of each individual team member. We embrace
diversity, equity and inclusion - not only as the right thing to
do, but as a reflection of who we are. It is our responsibility and
heartfelt desire to create an environment that elevates the human
spirit and brings out the best in everyone. Transwestern offers an
exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent
benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as
well as a 401(K) plan. Transwestern is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. The privately held Transwestern companies have been
delivering a higher level of personalized service and innovative
real estate solutions since 1978. Through an integrated, customized
approach that begins with good ideas, the firm drives value for
clients across commercial real estate services, development,
investment management, and opportunistic endeavors for
high-net-worth investors. Operating from 33 U.S. offices,
Transwestern extends its platform capabilities globally through
strategic alliance partners whose unique geographic, cultural, and
business expertise fuels creative solutions.Learn more at
transwestern.com and @Transwestern.
Keywords: Transwestern, Baltimore , Building Engineer, Engineering , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!