Staff Structural Engineer
Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) develops, manufactures, and
operates customized marine systems, shipboard equipment, subsea
vehicles, and engineered solutions for commercial and U.S. military
Oceaneering Aerospace and Defense Technologies (AdTech) delivers
solutions that enable humans to work safely and effectively in
harsh environments - from underwater to the outer reaches of space.
Our innovative solutions support the development and application of
practical, cost-effective systems that meet our customers'
challenges - from routine to extreme. Our experience and expertise
across multiple industries uniquely positions us as a leader in the
government, space, and maritime services markets. Our products and
services meet the rigorous demands of the complex environments in
which they operate, delivering results without compromising safety
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
In the Project Structural Engineer and Stress Analyst position you
will work in a fast-paced environment and perform structural
analysis using hand calculations and finite element analysis (FEA)
on a wide variety of highly loaded subsea structure such as ROV
frames, mechanisms, pressure vessels, ship over-boarding equipment,
and advanced development projects. You will work with designers
from a program's initial stages through structural testing and
completion, influence load path, and ensure structural integrity.
The work spans static and dynamic studies, performing linear and
non-linear structural analysis including transient shock, fatigue
and fracture, bolt and weld analysis, defining load tests, and
Applicant must be a US citizen and have the capability to obtain a
security clearance. Applicants with Top Secret/SCI with CI poly are
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop load cases and quantify loads for primary and secondary
- Perform initial sizing of conceptual structure.
- Perform static analysis using industry standard methods (Bruhn,
- Perform stress analysis by developing, solving, and post
processing large FEA models using ANSYS.
- Possess an understanding of converting complex systems into
- Participate in design reviews.
- Properly document analysis.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, ocean, or aerospace
engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- 15+ years of experience in stress analysis.
- Proficient in standard industry analytical methods (hand
- Proficiency in ANSYS, NASTRAN, or PATRAN.
- Skilled in finite element modeling and analysis.
- Familiar with a variety of analyses including static, dynamic,
loads, nonlinear contact, stability, vibration, frequency response,
transient shock, DDAM, bolt analysis, weld analysis, pressure
vessel analysis using FEA and design guides.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize daily
activities to meet department objectives.
- Very good written communication skills, including the ability
to read, write, and understand technical requirements and
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
- Proficiency in ANSYS analysis software: Workbench and
- Advanced skill in modeling and analysis.
- Experience in fatigue and fracture analysis.
- Basic proficiency in 3D CAD platform, preferably
- Proficiency in Mathcad and MS Excel.
- Experience in structural optimization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Baltimore , Staff Structural Engineer, Engineering , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!