Company: The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Labor
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Are you curious about complex problems and big-picture, systems
thinking?Do you have model-based systems engineering (MBSE)
experience and the drive to lead solutions for some of our nation's
most pressing challenges?If so, we're looking for someone like you
to join our team at APL!The Nuclear Command Resilient Systems Group
(QKS) is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to help us become a
center of excellence for digital engineering and MBSE. You will
become a crucial part of our multi-disciplinary team where we value
technical quality, positive mentalities, and innovation.You are the
ideal candidate if you have experience as an integrator of systems.
We will be looking to you to devise a cohesive set of methods,
processes, and guidelines for developing MBSE tools and improving
interoperability between existing tools and models. We are seeking
a confident systems engineer, creative thinker, motivated problem
solver, standout colleague, and life-long learner that wants to
strengthen the safety and security of our country. You will join a
hardworking team in an inclusive environment that cultivates
intellectual curiosity, innovation, and creativity.As a Senior MBSE
Engineer, you will...
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to lead the creation
of innovative system design concepts, capabilities, and approaches
for sophisticated engineering projects.
- Develop and apply a detailed understanding of systems modeling,
engineering, and design concepts to create, assess, and
operationalize novel approaches to solving engineering and system
- Analyze current and future systems to identify requirements to
address capability and integration gaps.
- Provide detailed, prioritized recommendations to optimize
system performance and ensure compliance with requirements.
- Engage with external stakeholders to promote the organization's
involvement in the end-to-end lifecycle development of complex
- Guide and mentor team members to foster their growth as future
leaders and technical specialists in systems engineering.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, or another related field.
- Have at least three years of relevant systems engineering
- Have a strong understanding of systems engineering principles
- Possess a significant knowledge of systems modeling techniques
- Familiarity with systems modeling languages like SysML (Systems
Modeling Language) or other industry-specific modeling
- Can demonstrate proficiency in using MBSE tools and software,
such Cameo Systems Modeler or IBM Engineering Systems Rational
- Have the ability to analyze complex problems and develop
innovative solutions, especially in system architecture and
- Have a willingness and ability to stay up-to-date with the
latest developments in MBSE, tools, and industry best
- Are willing and able to occasionally travel, including both
local and non-local travel.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, outstanding oral and
written communication skills, and good organizational skills.
- Have the ability to lead, work independently, and
collaboratively in a team environment.
- Are able to obtain an Interim Top Secret level security
clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Top Secret
level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government
security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for
access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include
U.S. citizenship.You'll go above and beyond our minimum
requirements if you...
- Possess a Master's degree (or higher) in engineering, computer
science, mathematics, or another related field.
- Have at least ten years of domain knowledge for Air Force
and/or Navy platforms and systems in NC3.
- Possess competence in using software tools for analysis,
simulation, and validation, such as MATLAB/Simulink or other
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills for requirements analysis,
risk assessment, and performance analysis of systems.
- Have an active Top Secret clearance.Why work at APL?The Johns
Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings
world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense,
security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to
solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what
makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant,
welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to
work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring
teammates.At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage
creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous
benefits, including a robust education assistance program,
unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life
balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro
area. Learn more about our career opportunities at.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status,
occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal
appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
law.APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that
embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion
of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable
accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with
disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to
participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact
Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone's voice
is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the
world a better place.
Keywords: The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Labor, Baltimore , MBSE Engineer, Engineering , Laurel, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!