RF Engineering Technician
Company: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laborator
Posted on: September 15, 2018
RF Engineering Technician-15775 Position Description The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is a national leader in scientific research and development. JHU APL is actively seeking a RF Engineering Technician. The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC. Job Summary:The Electrical Engineering Systems Analysis & Design Group is seeking an RF Engineering Technician, with extensive experience fabricating, prototyping, and testing electronic RF circuitry up to 18GHz. This position will require the RF Technician to closely collaborate with technical professional engineers and other technical team members on projects and other areas of work. Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
- Create device and circuit test beds and perform RF testing using sophisticated test equipment (50%)
- Fabricate prototype circuits using tools such as Altium, solder stations, and hand tools (35%)
- Develop circuit documentation using ECAD software (15%) Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time. Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- An associates degree in electronics or electronics technology with extensive experience in prototyping and testing of RF electronics up to 18GHz.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret an RF schematic, assemble the circuit, test it, and verify circuit operation with minimal supervision.
- Hands-on ability to solder small BGAs, QFNs, and discrete parts on small RF circuit boards.
- Must be able to interpret electronic schematics, and have familiarity with ECAD software such as Altium or Eagle.
- Experience working with sophisticated test equipment such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and signal generators.
- Experience testing and modifying RF circuitry, including power amplifiers, synthesizers, filters, etc. with a working knowledge of troubleshooting mixed signal and digital circuits as well. Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in a related technical field.
- Microwave tuning experience.
- Excellent oral communications skills and the ability to work effectively in small teams. Special Working Conditions: Some travel, working in closed areas, and extended hours is required at times. Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship. Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at . Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Primary Location *United States-*Maryland-*Laurel Schedule Full-time -
Keywords: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laborator, Baltimore , RF Engineering Technician, Engineering , Laurel, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!