Engineering and Architecture Lead
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Employer is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a "no downtime, zero outages" vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove services, all of which are based on our customer's required level of support. Our organization is comprised of a team's supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone's responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you - your mission, if you choose to accept it as Engineering and Architecture Lead, will require you to coordinate closely with senior leadership to interpret and effectively communicate program needs, manage time / cost / scope / performance in an EVM lite environment, interact with contract management, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the customer. You will interact daily with technical resource which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Employer ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Employer in Winsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
Under the direction of the Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, the Project Management and Service Delivery Lead ensures the timely and accurate completion of projects for IHCCS. These include:
- Advanced understanding of project planning that includes cost, schedule, risk, change control management, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring financial performance of your organization, including establishing budget, managing expenses, manage risk register, and maintain management reserve
- Ensure the engineering soundness and architectural alignment of all projects
- Coordinate with Engineering team to complete execution of hosting improvement projects
- Responsible for setting priorities to ensure successful project delivery
- Establish organization policies, standards, and operating procedures
- Ensure projects are delivered within the standards of IHCCS and CMS
- Move organization into agile project delivery
- Create and deliver white papers, presentations and demos in support of client or prospective client meetings, industry events and conferences
- Support strategic capture efforts by preparing and delivering demonstrations, proof of concept development and other technical artifacts as needed.
- Attend customer meetings and other events to support strategic captures.
- Support general capture efforts by providing detailed, accurate, and current technical information about capabilities and programs.
- Create effective, deliverable technical proposal solutions/content that conform to requirements, win strategy, and corporate strategy.
- Foster and ensure a collaborative, service oriented, revenue driven environment.
- Lead network, systems and security implementation and deployment design efforts, managing all aspects of the system development life cycle, from initial concept development through deployment and sustainment.
- Provide technical oversight and mentoring to engineering, PMO and service delivery team members.
- Clearly communicate objectives and hold personnel accountable for efficient delivery.
- Provide technical oversight and lead coordination efforts across the organization to ensure solutions satisfy customer and business needs with minimal impact to other functional areas.
- Coordinate closely with client leadership and engineering team members to establish a clear understanding of business needs, drive design choices, and develop effective technology deployment strategies that allow for future growth and improvements.
- Lead product development strategy and development work stream
- Oversee configuration and risk management activities and develop strategies for process improvements.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders across the organization to gain the necessary support for the successful integration of new technologies and enhancements to existing systems.
- Establish and enforce standard procedures for product, solutions selection and system deployment and implementation, systems changes that include an impact analysis and coordination of activities across all functional areas of the organization.Management Responsibilities:
- Manage team of experienced, independent professionals
- Ensure distribution of assignments and tasking to ensure complete coverage of all assigned tasks.
- Ensure tasks are completed as planned.
- Complete service and change requests on schedule.
- Manage and optimize costs with close focus on under runs and over runs.
- You will be responsible for financial management of your team, which includes hardware, software, and staffing.
- Manage all personnel needs and interact with HR when required.
- Perform annual personnel write-ups and reviews.
- Ensure personnel performance.
- Review and approve weekly personnel approvals.
- Ensure that any technical proposal needs are supported.
- Provide an efficient handoff to operations without missing SLA's across the enterprise.Required Skills:
- Ability to complete the responsibilities outlined above.
- Ability to resource load schedules and properly estimate relationships and durations.
- Good - Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Must be experienced in service delivery, ITIL fundamentals, PMO and developing strategic plans for deployment of network & security services system engineering, architecture, and systems deployment and upgrades.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, dealing with complex architectures supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Expertise in managing network architecture projects and operations across multiple IT disciplines.
- Expertise in understanding and mitigating risks to business operations.
- Broad understanding of developing and building leading edge IT technologies in network and cloud services is a must.
- Must be detailed-oriented.
- Expertise in understanding and mitigating risks to business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and team player.Recommended Skills:
- Information technology based concepts, hardware, and software knowledge.
- Program schedule, cost, scope, and performance knowledge.
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
10+ years of experience in IT systems operations.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Keywords: Leidos, Baltimore , Engineering and Architecture Lead, Engineering , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!