Posted on: December 10, 2018
Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a "no downtime, zero outages" vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove services, all of which are based on our customer's required level of support. Our organization is comprised of teams supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone's responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you - your mission, if you choose to accept it as a Network Engineer , will require you to coordinate closely with senior leadership to help establish clear objectives and effectively communicate program needs, management program logs, interact with contract management, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the customer. You will interact daily with technical resource which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Winsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
- Plan, design and implement local and remote Cisco voice communications hardware, software and procedures.
- Maintain technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, selecting or developing voice and/or video systems.
- Oversee and maintain voice network configurations.
- Prepare or ensure that appropriate voice network documentation exists, including operational instructions and diagrams.
- Provides regular monitoring and voice network analysis regarding short and long-range planning for in-house systems.
- Design networks or portions of networks that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- Perform installation, testing, maintenance of documentation and support of Voice Communications network infrastructure components.
- Evaluate and recommend voice communication network technologies to enhance capabilities of the infrastructure.
- Maintain technical expertise in areas of voice network hardware and software.
BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Perform design, integration, and analysis for a Cisco voice telecom system.
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) - Cisco hardware and management tool experience
- Cisco Call Manager
- LAN/WAN networking equipment and protocols
- Develop, support and maintain operations of Cisco voice communication technologies within the CMS environment and associated sub-systems including, SIP integration, moves, adds and changes, fault isolation and resolution, and end-user support
- Daily duties will include responding to customer originated trouble tickets and service request along with planning and executing controlled changes within the infrastructure
- Services provided will include customer moves/adds/changes and may require after hours and/or weekend support
- Provide support to engineering and proposal development teams in the design and deployment of new technology infusions
- Demonstrated understanding of the Cisco Voice Network infrastructure and best practices Technical knowledge of trunking, VoIP phones, and wiring
- Extensive hands-on experience with Cisco voice communication technologies
- Provide desk side user education for use of phone and voice mail
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) outof the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
A high level of familiarity and experience with the following networking/telecom technologies
- Automated Call Distribution (ACD)
- Experience with Remedy Incident and Service Request management workflow
- Data Communications Networks, Teleconferencing, Mobile Devices
- Proficiency in evaluating business requirements, processes, technologies, applications, and information systems
- Presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Possess excellent logical and analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience in proposal development.
- Project implementation background.
- Experience with Avaya and/or Microsoft based voice communication systems
- Voice and VoIP IMACs Support
- Voice Mailbox Management
- Maintains the cable infrastructure. Leads cable pulls, patch panel discipline & desktop terminations.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNA) or higher certification
- Ability to understand and assist in solving telecommunication problems or telecom network infrastructure issues
- Ability to effectively communicate with a broad base of end users
- Good judgment and analytical skills; as well as follow-up and organizational skills
- Intermediate to advance Skills with Microsoft office and Visio
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Keywords: Leidos, Baltimore , Network Engineer, Engineering , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!