Construction Project Engineer
Company: Remedi SeniorCare
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Under limited supervision plan, design, coordinates, and supports various facility and building renovation projects for Remedi Senior Care. Oversee related facility programs that maintain a safe and quality environment. Design Coordination and Management:
- Coordinate and guide the project design process with site / corporate management, architects and general contractors.
- Communicate project status and timelines to all individuals and involved organizations including scheduling meetings, issuing periodic project updates and meeting minutes, and document lessons learned from current and previous projects.
- Assist with the review all Design documentation as prepared by the architects and consultants to ensure compliance with BOP criteria, local regulations and site operational requirements.
- Manage and coordinate all Design submittals with the Architectural and the site review team.
- Assist with the evaluation of projects for constructability and value-engineer cost savings. Capital Project Scope Development, Estimates, Budgets and Tracking:
- Support and assist with the development of scope of work for capital projects.
- Support and assist with the development of cost estimates, budgets, Purchase Orders and tracking as needed to ensure all capital projects meet approved funding levels.
- Create, update and maintain a variety of project controls that track the status of: individual projects or task orders, changes to projects or task orders, RFI, shop drawings and submittal, matters involving quality controls, safety, financial performance, close-out and other aspects of the project(s) or task order(s). Construction Management, Process Control and Management:
- Support the Project Manager, Superintendent or other management roles in the construction process throughout all phases of the life-cycle of a project to include contracting, construction administration and closeout of individual projects and / or task order projects at large.
- Activities include Submittal review and tracking, Requests For Information review, response and tracking, Pay Requisition review, processing and tracking, Change Order review, verification, tracking and management, Contract Shop Drawing control and management, Project Schedule review, updating and development, Project Correspondence tracking and management, updating Project Status Reports, Warranty Manual review, coordination and distribution, Project Close-Out and turnover to Operations, and Monitoring of Safety. Manage all aspects of Capital Construction projects or other facilities related projects.
- Support the change management process, by updating logs, routing source documents to vendors, obtaining pricing, developing estimates and proposals, writing change orders and other related activities.
- Support the PM in negotiating contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions.
- Develop an understanding of how to maintain and require compliance with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project to prevent rework and delays.
- Participate in managing activities that are related to project closeout.
- Periodic travels to renovation and construction sites to review progress, identify issues, update timelines and resolve unanticipated changes to the original scope of work. Establish, monitor, communicate and maintain project schedules utilizing contemporary scheduling software. Education/Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, or a related field, or five (5) years equivalent experience in facility management and construction is required.
- Experience managing construction projects is preferred. - Experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge of architectural design concepts, general engineering concepts and construction is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to operate and use a personal computer to enhance daily job requirements.
- Ability to work effectively in a demanding work environment is required. Experience in a healthcare and automated operation is preferred.
- Ability to regularly maneuver/ambulate successfully in all work areas, crawl spaces, manholes and on roofs, and ability to climb ladders and scaffolding to monitor and inspect work in order to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal, are necessary for effective communication with architects, engineers, UMMS staff and contractors. These skills are also required to provide accurate project documentation. #ZR
Keywords: Remedi SeniorCare, Baltimore , Construction Project Engineer, Engineering , Rosedale, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!