Master Diesel Mechanic Technician - $2,500 Sign On Bonus!!
Company: Ryder Logistics & Transportation
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Looking for a change but don't want to lose your vacation time? Talk to us!* $2,500 Sign on Bonus! ** Monday - Friday! **CDL preferred*?Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives?Do you want to work on new trucks using state of the art tools?Do you want a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country?If you answered ?Yes? to these questions, you?ve got to check out Ryder!Please call or text Maddie @ 540-431-0101?for more informationWe are currently hiring a Diesel Mechanic in Baltimore, MD!For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Tuition Reimbursement!
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000 employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you?ve been looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome opportunities.#CB#INDTechRequirementsADDITIONAL
- Ability to perform all T3 tasks
- Must have demonstrated advanced analytical and repair skills in vehicle maintenance
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Must have basic computer skills: PC, Windows, mouse, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be available to work shift work/weekends and on call duty as required
- Prefer ASE Certification in PM, Brakes, A/C, electrical, Electronics or ASE Master Mechanic
- Required to operate shop computers and diagnostic test equipment proficiently
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Must road test vehicles as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/influence others
- This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 yearsImportant Note: ?Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.Responsibilities
- SBTIII trained within 180 days (SBT220)
- Complete all OEM on-line diagnostic scan tool software courses as required by location fleet mix. (completed within 365days)
- Complete Instructor led OEM courses as required to support location fleet mix.
- Performs vehicle maintenance and repair duties including:
- Performs standard vehicle maintenance
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Performs complex repairs with minimal (if any) support.
- Demonstrate the ability to access and use internal and external maintenance documents
- Diagnoses and repairs complex mechanical and electronic problems with minimal (if any) support, utilizing diagnostic computers/software when applicable.
- Performs remote triage to with RCRC and customers to determine best solution to assist roadside breakdowns.
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Interacts with customers/drivers to properly determine nature of complaint once assigned a task.
- Instructs and advises other technicians regarding maintenance repair procedures and diagnostics
- Coaches/Mentors other level technicians
- Advise shop management and other technicians on shop repairs
- Utilizes key functions of Shop Management System and electronic documentation available
- Works in accordance with all federal/ provincial and corporate compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT, MOT)
- Other support duties as required to support operations. These could include but are not limited to Service Island support.Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.?
Keywords: Ryder Logistics & Transportation, Baltimore , Master Diesel Mechanic Technician - $2,500 Sign On Bonus!!, Engineering , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!