Senior VMWare Engineer
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our
program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our
CMS customers and is structured around both current and Legacy
platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to
add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in
cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a
customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of
their work stream to get the job done.
With a "no downtime, zero outages" vision and mantra, we support a
range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove
services, all of which are based on our customer's required level
of support. Our organization is comprised of a team supporting PMO,
Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and
Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our
functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and
z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring,
Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part
of everyone's responsibility is to help drive the new
consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you - your mission, if you choose to accept it as a Senior
Vmware Systems Engineer , will require you to be part of a Cloud
Operations Team providing leadership to serve as a backup lead for
a team comprised of Windows, Linux and VMware engineers. Candidate
will have technical expertise, training and support for all aspects
of VMware infrastructure to include expertise, design and
implementation of Vmware Vcenter, Vsphere 6.x and Site recovery
Manager for multiple enterprise data centers. This will include
Cloud integration and migration activities to AWS. Candidate must
also be capable of maintaining various hardware platforms to
include HP, DELL and Cisco bladeframes as well as rack-mount
Servers. Expertise in HP/DELL Bladeframe Network and SAN
Connectivity and troubleshooting. Must be able to build, maintain
and troubleshoot hosting environment from hardware and hypervisor
configuration and setup to maintaining virtual machines (X86
Win/RHEL), as well as be able to proactively monitor and detect
potential issues that may impact performance on both hypervisors,
physical and virtual Servers. Execute major changes to the Active
Directory to include domain promotions and schema updates,
Organization Unit structure, Group Policy management, DHCP, DNS and
access controls. Powershell Scripting for operational information
retrieval and custom requests is a must. Candidate must have
ability to independently tackle operational problems, develop
solutions, or makes recommendations to resolve wide range of
complex or difficult problems for both internal/external customers
including vendors. Candidate may need to give presentations from
time to time and often this entails producing well written
technical documents specific to the customer's environment and
objectives. The Engineer must be able to speak clearly and
communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with a
customer's Technical staff as well as Senior Management. Your goal
will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure
delivery of high-quality operational support management with
minimal business impact.
- Support enterprise hosting technologies to include Vmware and
public cloud AWS.
- Respond quickly and collaborate with team for all operational
- Quickly adapt, maintain and support as well as train
operational staff on new engineering technologies emerging from
Cloud Engineering team.
- Collaborate in weekly meetings with Cloud engineering team,
take action and provide status updates on ongoing operational
projects.Management Responsibilities: Support manager and serve as
- Experience leading teams.
- Assess workloads within team and rebalance work
- Ability to work and manage project independently.
- Ability to train other staff members on latest
- Good - Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting
multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Lead team to successful resolution of issues as they
- Manage internal projects to success completion and deliver
requests upon request.
- Experience with VMware technologies: Vsphere, Vcenter and Site
- Experience supporting highly available Amazon Web Services
(AWS) infrastructure based on industry best practices and the AWS
well architected framework.
- Experience working with AWS programmatically via the CLI,
Tools, or SDK.
- Experience maintaining Disaster Recovery infrastructure to
include Cloud based workloads.
- Strong experience with Hyper-Converged Technologies
- Experience with configuration management of Cloud based
- Solid understanding of standard Client Server, networking,
TCP/IP, and Internet fundamentals.
- Ability to write script in an Administrative Language
(PowerShell, Pyton, Ruby, or Shell). Recommended Skills:
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot x86 workloads (Wintel and
- Ability to create powershell scripts for custom operational
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.Required Education
BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters
with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- Vmware certification
- AWS Solutions Architect CertificationRequired Clearance
- Ability to obtain a Public trust clearanceAll candidates
supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at
least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be
Keywords: Leidos, Baltimore , Senior VMWare Engineer, Engineering , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!