VP, Manufacturing Operations
Company: Emergent BioSolutions
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership
about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized
by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will
join passionate professionals who advance their scientific,
technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to
The VP & General Manager will have oversight responsibilities for
the day to day and strategic operations at the Emergent Camden
fill/ finish CMOP facility. This operational oversight will include
facility and mfg operations.
- Provide the Site Head leadership at the Baltimore Camden
Contract Fill/ Finish
- Provide input in developing Strategic Operating Plan and manage
the execution of the plan and the associated budget in
- Lead the contract negotiation activities for manufacturing
- Ensure the site meets budgeted financial goals and objectives
through new sales and marketing strategies and operational
- Provide technical support to improve productivity and decrease
cost while maintaining high levels of quality
- Provide support for overall Quality Operations with a
particular focus on compliance and continuous improvement
- Serve as primary point of contact with third party
collaborators and interface with internal research groups
- Assure the highest quality of finished goods; EBS Camden will
manufacture each lot of drug product under validated, controlled
environmental conditions per the approved manufacturing
instructions to meet the intended specifications as described in
the contract under which it is manufactured.
- Assure value-added services; will strive to provide each client
the most efficient, data-driven project and the highest quality of
work to support drug development and manufacturing.
- Assure customer satisfaction; will deliver services to each
client to the extent of the approved contract and any relevant
documents using good business practices and policies. In the event
of an error will strive to resolve the issues in a quality and
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list
of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- B.S., M.S., or Ph. D. degree or equivalent preferably in
engineering or biochemical or related field.
- Knowledge of regulatory and quality requirements for
pharmaceuticals and vaccines.
- Strong experience in strategic management, planning and
- A strong leader, communicator, morale builder.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skills in examining and re-engineering operations and
- Experience in formulating, developing and implementing new
strategies and procedures.
- Aptitude to evaluate overall workloads and resources and adjust
to meet corporate goals.
- Ability to manage multiple departments and buildings
relationships to meet goals.
- Ability to assess and negotiate contracts.
- Organizational skills that demonstrates experience in setting
up and maintaining tracking systems and/or databases. Able to
prioritize and plan work activities, uses time efficiently and
develops realistic action plan
PHYSICAL / MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Type/keyboard, use phone, fax, copier, and computer.
- Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, problem solve, make
decisions, supervise, plan, communicate, prepare written
communications, and prepare transaction documents.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected
Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. Information submitted
will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for activities related to
your prospective employment. Emergent BioSolutions respects your
privacy and any use of the information submitted will be subject to
accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from
search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions'
approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information
submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies
not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall
become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate
is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent
BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Keywords: Emergent BioSolutions, Baltimore , VP, Manufacturing Operations, Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!