Quality Account Manager
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Ciena may well be the most important technology company you've
never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and
those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your
favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant
and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena,
another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the
underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our
doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G --- literally none of it would be
possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the
internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the
global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been
part of the critical infrastructure running within the most
advanced companies in the world.What will you do at Ciena?The
Quality Account prime will work closely with both the Ciena's
internal accounts and external customers to address any quality
concerns as to ensure that Ciena delivers the highest quality
products in a timely and cost-effective manner.This prime will be
responsible for tracking and identifying root causes of all
customer impacting issues and drive a cross functional team that
will identify why they occurred while implementing preventive
actions in order to avoid them in future. The job will require that
both the hardware and software areas are considered in delivering a
solution. As a subject matter expert within the Global Quality
Organization they will bridge members of the Ciena R&D teams,
the Ciena Operations team, the Ciena Service teams and the Account
- Monitor and report product performance metrics on a monthly
basis in accordance to the customer base assigned to them. In
addition, track all product improvements that would enhance the
outgoing product quality.
- Working directly with account teams and the customers on any
- Collecting and Analyzing information to identify the root cause
of the issue and evaluate possible mitigation approaches. Evaluate
the best option and communicate the results.
- Create a cross-functional, collaborative working approach to
addressing customer quality concerns.
- Recommend and implement changes to Ciena's quality assurance
- Participating in the day-to-day Quality activities in order to
support their customer base.
- Participate with IT developers to ensure that tool provide
accurate and consistent data for analysis.
- Participate within the team to define best practices.
- Work with other departmental staff to achieve the overall
Quality team objectives
- Ability to take additional duties like special projects as
- Strong knowledge of customer baselines, and overall telecom
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, often with
changing requirements as scrum team needs may dictate. Comfortable
presenting to internal/external executive stakeholders.
- Must be detail oriented, reliable and ability to work both in a
team environment and alone with minimal direction and
- Experience with finding the root cause of defects in a complex
- Familiarity with Network Element SONET/SDH/Ethernet.
- A desire for a 5-year career path field of Quality
- Ability to perform and understand statistical analysis with
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel,
Teams, Power BI, Outlook)
- Understanding of Agile, Salesforce, Network Tracker, DMS and
MCS would be an asset.
- Analytical, detailed thinker with strong technical skills.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment where virtual
teams will deliver results
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic with ability to work flexible hours,
occasional evening, and weekends.
- Must be a team player, draws energy and drive in working with
- Prior experience with SQL, Salesforce, JIRA, and Software
Application testing a plus.
- Ability to work remotely and some travel a must.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical field
- Minimum of 2 years to 7 years of work experience.
- Proficient in verbal and written English language is
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people's lives through design and
implementation of leading network technologies. That's what
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm.
Expect more satisfying outcomes - both personal and
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its
employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality,
religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free
selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation
to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion
of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken
to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation
measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition
for an initial discussion
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our
formal interview process
Keywords: CIENA, Baltimore , Quality Account Manager, Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!