Statewide Medical Director
Company: Corizon Health
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Nurse Manager opening in Hanover, Maryland. This and other
nursing administrator jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
About Corizon HealthCorrectional healthcare is not just a job. It's
a calling.By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are
choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health,
well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in
being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon
Health professional, you have access to the resources and support
to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your
career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an
underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon
Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical
expertise.ResponsibilitiesBelow is a list of your responsibilities
as a Statewide Medical Director with Corizon Health at the Maryland
Regional Office located in Hanover, Maryland.The Statewide Medical
Director will be accountable for the implementation and maintenance
of all healthcare services to DPSCS inmates. The candidate will
provide administrative guidance and supervise the SDA Medical
Directors and also coordinates clinical support with our statewide
leadership team. The Statewide Medical Director will also be
responsible for ensuring compliance of Corizon healthcare services
with all applicable Federal, State and local regulations, DPSCS
contract requirements, and ACA and NCCHC standards. He/she will
provide medical leadership and guidance to the Utilization
Management Medical Director and ensure coordinated and effective
administration of health care services. Statewide Medical Director
will report to Corporate Medical Director and Chief Medical Officer
- Process improvement including leading a team of physicians
addressing compliance with clinical quality indicators and UM
programs specific to the contract requirements and adherence to
corporate UM and clinical quality policies and procedures.
- Actively engaged in helping to identify and facilitate the
solving of all operational and clinical issues for all sites in the
State of Maryland.
- Serve as Site Chairman of the Medical Audit Committee.
- Supervise the clinical services provided by the professional
and paraprofessional staff.
- Annually review and approve clinical protocols. Clinical
policies and procedures, and medical disaster plan.
- Assist with the development of medical audit criteria.
- Provide direction and assistance to the on-site quality
assurance program including review and action on inmate complaints,
and infection control.
- Serve as discussion leader for selected in-service training
- Represent the health care program in discussions with local
civic groups or visiting officials.
- Monitor referrals to outside health care facilities for
appropriateness, quality and continuity of care. Consult with
medical providers in the community to resolve issues in delivering
services to inmates.
- Attend Pharmacy Therapeutic Committee meetings and other
meetings, as required.
- Be available for the resolution of administrative/medical
- Provide staff training and education regarding all aspects of
continuing care to care givers for the State inmate
- Sponsor physician assistants in compliance with the state law
for correctional facilities
- Serve as a professional resource for all physicians working at
- Participate in committee meetings as deemed necessary by
Corizon leadership and the Department of Corrections.
- Assist in screening, interviewing and evaluating credentials of
healthcare providers. Assist in completion of special projects on
an as needed basis.
- Effectively communicates with the Chief Medical Officer, Chief
Operating Officer, State- Wide Contract Manager, Site Medical
Directors, and State-Wide Manager(s).Experience & Requirements
- MD. or D.O. Degree required.
- Completion of residency in primary care specialty
- Must be board certifiedinFamily Practice, Internal
- Must possess or be eligible for a license in the state in which
supervisory services are rendered
- Must satisfy all credentialing requirements of Corizon
- Utilization Management experience
- Must have minimum of 5 years clinical experience in Family
Practice, Internal Medicine
- Current hands-on BLS certification per Corizon Health
- Experience in healthcare administration preferred
- Current DEA registration.A background check, security clearance
and drug screening are required for this role.Corizon Health is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with
federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants
are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender,
national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability,
Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including
Disability/Protected Veterans.Not ready to apply? Connect with us
for general consideration.ID 2020-7810Job Locations
US-MD-HanoverCategory Clinical & Operations LeadershipPosition Type
Regular Full-timeShift / Schedule Weekday DayLocation ID 91200
Keywords: Corizon Health, Baltimore , Statewide Medical Director, Executive , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!