RealStreet Staffing is actively seeking a Superintendent to join
our client, a well-established, full service construction
The Superintendent is directly responsible for planning,
scheduling, coordinating, and directing field activities on
commercial construction projects. Typical projects include large
renovations and ground up construction ranging from $10 to $20M.
The Superintendent supervises crews and equipment, coordinates
installation of all trades work and ensures project schedule is
met. This position reports directly to the Senior Project
Typical Responsibilities for the Superintendent Include:
• Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site operations. Supervise
labor and subcontractors to ensure productivity, efficient use of
materials and equipment, and contractual performance.
• Define and delegate responsibilities and set goals
subcontractors. Develop and maintain overall operation planning for
duration of the project.
• Coordinate with and provide input to project team on scheduling,
engineering, material control, and job productivity. Monitor status
of project, schedule, productivity and costs. Review and provide
input on job costs and projection updates.
• Develop complete understanding of contract plans and
• Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems,
inaccuracies, and cost saving measures. Take corrective actions as
• Inspect work for compliance with the contract plans and
specifications, identify deficiencies and explain and take
corrective action as needed.
• Comply, understand, and support company safety initiatives to
ensure a safe work environment. Identify jobsite safety hazards and
take all necessary corrective actions to eliminate or minimize
• Support and ensure implementation of quality program.
• Maintain good client relations.
To be successful in this role, the Superintendent will possess:
• High school diploma, junior college degree or equivalent
combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of project supervision experience in
• Experience as Superintendent on ground up construction projects
valued at $10M+
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology,
equipment, methods), negotiations; engineering, cost control
schedules and safety required.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and supervisory skills
• Good computer skills.
From commercial and private ventures to government initiatives,
RealStreet Staffing professionals provide a solid foundation for
the success of clients in the Metro DC / Baltimore area, and
throughout the continental US. Employees of RealStreet Staffing
enjoy a comprehensive benefit package which includes a choice of
health care coverage, prescription, dental and vision plans, life
insurance, LTD, Paid Time Off Program and a 401k with generous
Apply today for immediate consideration.