Director - Budget
Company: Baltimore City Public Schools
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Related positions are contingent on board approval. Plans,
organizes, and directs the development and management of the
district's budgets.--Directs the district's work around its Fair
Student Funding framework (Money Follows the Child) and provides
leadership on the Charter revenue allocation formula.--Develops and
implements budgetary control procedures and prepares budgetary
analyses, reports and information.--Directs the day-to-day
operations of the Budget Office and coordinates work with the other
Finance offices (Payroll, Accounting, Procurement and Food
Services).--Provides technical information and assistance
concerning budget preparation.--Manages a current staff of seven in
the execution of these responsibilities. Essential Functions
- Conducts financial analyses and provides financial data as
required for union negotiations.
- Develops and recommends budget policy and maintains adequate
procedures and systems for continuous monitoring and control of
- Verifies departmental budget submissions and monitors budgets
to ensure compliance with Board policy, procedures, and city, state
and federal regulations.
- Develops presentations, management reports and computational
data to accurately reflect district resources and
- Maintains databases, files and records necessary for the
preparation, monitoring and review of the budget.--Works
collaboratively with the Office of Human Capital and Information
Technology Department to ensure appropriate integration and
management of budget and position control information in the Human
Resources Management System.
- Serves as functional owner of budgeting technology and
- Identifies financial problems and recommends solutions.
- Defines strategic direction for area of responsibility, and
leads assigned teams in developing recommendations for strategic
long-term goals related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Creates and manages budget for area of
responsibility.--Develops and monitors time and expense project
budgets.--Develops project plans, work breakdown structures and
schedules required to successfully complete projects on time and
within budget constraints.
- Plans and controls staffing, and performs other human
resources, finance and payroll functions for assigned
- Manages assigned teams in the development, design, review,
implementation and periodic revaluation of project plans and
strategies to support the achievement of the departmental goals and
- Provides appropriate supervision, mentoring, and professional
growth and development opportunities to assigned staff.--Such
responsibility includes the development and implementation of
professional growth plans to include keeping abreast of current
developments, literature, and technical sources of
- Ensures the provision of quality products and services
throughout the lifecycle of assigned projects.--Leads teams in the
design, development, implementation, monitoring and documentation
of quality and reliability improvement plans and
procedures.--Confers with and advises subordinates on
administrative policies and procedures, technical problems,
priorities, and methods.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal
employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws,
state laws, school board's policies and the professional
- Organizational Agility.--Knowledgeable about how organizations
work; gets things done both through formal and informal channels;
effectively maneuvers through complex political situations.
- Strategic Agility and Innovation Management.--Anticipates
future consequences and trends accurately; brings creative ideas to
market; recognizes strategic opportunities for change; creates
competitive and breakthrough strategies.
- Drive for Results.--Pursues everything with energy, drive, and
a need to finish; does not give up before finishing, even in the
face of resistance or setbacks; steadfastly pushes self and others
- Personal Learning and Development.--Is personally committed to
and actively works to continuously improve himself/herself;
recognizes the need to change personal, interpersonal, and
managerial behavior; actively seeks feedback.
- Dealing with Ambiguity.--Can effectively cope with change; can
shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the
total picture; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Decision Quality and Problem Solving.--Uses analysis, wisdom,
experience, and logical methods to make good decisions and solve
difficult problems with effective solutions; appropriately
incorporates multiple inputs to establish shared ownership and
effective action. Maximum Salary 129780.00 Minimum Salary 97335.00
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, public
administration, engineering, math, quantitative analysis, or
related field. Degree must be from an accredited college or
- Certified Public Accountant and/or an advanced degree in a
related field including an MBA are preferred.
- Seven years of professional experience in budgeting, financial
analysis, data analysis, or financial management including three
years at a supervisory or project management level.--
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and techniques of
budgeting and financial management, and the accepted practices and
procedures that are used in the maintenance, development and
implementation of large, complex budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills,
capable of relating to a diverse stakeholder community.
- Proficient in the use of technical computer applications,
including Microsoft Office Professional Suite or comparable
- Ability to analyze, review and direct complex budget and
accounting operations and procedures.
- Ability to resolve complex budgeting problems and to give
technical budget management advice and assistance.
- Ability to interpret and apply governmental policies and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
- Interpersonal skills that ensure effective team building.
- Ability to prepare and maintain complex financial records using
Excel and Access or comparable software required.
- Ability to manage budget and accounting data analyses and
reporting using specialized computer applications for financial
management, such as Oracle and comparable ERP programs preferred.
Full time or Part time Full time Qualified candidates for the above
position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum
qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences
and education related to the position to which you are
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate,
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include:
name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies
accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded
into application Benefits---- This position is eligible for
benefits. To review the available options please see the
information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the
following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org Baltimore City
Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment,
programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts
of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries
regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal
Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment
Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue,
Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955
(fax). This position is not affiliated with any bargaining unit.
Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown)
Keywords: Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore , Director - Budget, Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!