Government Relations Director
Company: The Coca-Cola Company
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Government Relations Director in Annapolis, MD at Coca-Cola
Consolidated, Inc. Coca-Cola Consolidated is the nation's largest
independent Coca-Cola bottler. The Company operates in the
Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest region of the United States.
Our corporate office is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. Our
stock is traded on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol COKE.
REFRESH your career by joining our exceptional team! Coca-Cola
Consolidated, the largest bottler in the U.S., is looking for a
Government Relations Director!-- Things you should know about
working as a Government Relations Director: The successful
candidate will execute the company's political and legislative
strategy in Maryland, Delaware, Virginia and the District of
Columbia, including specified municipalities in that geography
important to the company's business strategy. Heavy focus will be
on developing and maintaining key relationships with state and
local policymakers and forging strong community partners, and
lobbying in city and state legislative bodies.--Additionally, the
role will provide regional strategic political, public affairs, and
advocacy analysis to the Vice President, Government Relations, and
assist with public affairs and advocacy efforts in the region to
favorably impact the policy environment in which the company
operates. In all activities, the role will be representing the
Company and adhering to its Purpose with the highest possible
integrity acting as the Public Affairs, Communications and
Communities local presence for that department's strategic
initiatives. What would success look like?
- Manage and execute comprehensive state and local lobbying
programs in Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, and the District of
Columbia. Plan and host site visits, tours, and other events with
policymakers and influencers.--
- Represent the Company at appropriate dinners, legislative days,
hearings and other gatherings with key policymakers and
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers and
policy makers in municipalities of strategic importance to the
company with heavy focus on Virginia and Maryland.
- Work with state beverage associations to support industry
lobbying efforts in the company's geography.
- Provide regular briefings on legislation and issues of
importance to the company.
- Understand and communicate issue trends important to the
industry and recommend strategies to VP Governmental Relations so
that company's public policy strategies and messaging have the
highest possible impact.
- Coordinate closely with relevant contacts throughout the
company to identify potential issues in advance and leverage
resources in policy engagements to maximize the impact of state
- Advocate before governments at all levels on behalf of the
- Develop and maintain strategic community partnerships. Act in
coordination with the department's community engagement team to
activate strategic community initiatives.
- Coordinate any necessary company media outreach and/or response
with VP of Communications.
- Takes an active leadership role in the state beverage
association(s) through participation in meetings/events. As a key
member, provides thought leadership and strategic direction as it
relates to issues important to our Company and industry. Minimum
- Abilty to execute strategic political and lobbying programs and
navigate nuanced political issues and personalities
- Ability to establish and maintain strong and strategic
relationships with key influencers.--
- Ability to absorb complex legislation in order to understand
its possible impact on the beverage industry.--
- Ability to understand and summarize complex legislation
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced
- Proactive individual with excellent, strategic, political and
- Demonstrated proficiency with word processing, and knowledge of
spreadsheets and database management.
- College Degree is required Preferred Qualifications
- 5-7 years experience in Politics and/or Governmental Relations
preferred. All candidates will be subject to pre-employment
testing: Background Check, Drug Screen, and Physical Abilities Test
(if applicable). Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc.--is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Joining our Talent Network will enhance your
job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or
just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected
Keywords: The Coca-Cola Company, Baltimore , Government Relations Director, Executive , Annapolis, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!