CIMD - Personal Financial Management - Wealth Advisor - Vice President
Company: Goldman Sachs
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Sign up for BRIEFINGS, a weekly email about trends shaping
markets, industries and the global economy. Sign Up We think who
you are makes you better at what you do. Learn more about our firm
and culture through a day in the life of our people. Learn more
Careers Center CIMD - Personal Financial Management - Wealth
Advisor - Vice President - Baltimore, MD in Baltimore, Maryland -
Careers at 9056 023 A472 0000-Consumer and Investment Management
Division-Wealth-United Capital-Wealth Skip to Main Content Please
Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! CIMD - Personal Financial Management -
Wealth Advisor - Vice President - Baltimore, MD Location(s)
US-MD-Baltimore Job ID 2021-71032 Schedule Type Full Time Level
Associate Function(s) General Region Americas Division Consumer and
Wealth Management Business Unit United Capital Employment Type
Employee MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Goldman Sachs Personal Financial
Management (GS PFM) specializes in creating personalized wealth
management plans for affluent individuals and families. We give
clients clarity, confidence and control over their financial
decisions. Our dedicated team of advisors across approximately 100
offices throughout the U.S., develops and implements personalized
plans tailored to each client's values and life goals. Our advisors
offer an investment platform inclusive of products and services
offered by Goldman Sachs and other third parties, including private
banking and lending offerings. We consider the relationships with
our clients a lifelong partnership, a partnership backed by over
150 years of Goldman Sachs providing consistency, perspective and
access as our clients' needs evolve. RESPONSIBILITIES AND
QUALIFICATIONS ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES The following
duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all
duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a
representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities.
Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and
may be required to perform additional position-specific duties
and/or duties that are outside the specific functions that are
- Maintains a thorough understanding Personal Financial
Management ., Advice delivery process including Money Mind--,
Honest Conversations-- and the 6 Step Process.
- Successfully leads clients through the Money Mind-- and Honest
- Adheres to the UCFA Client Meeting Processes for Advice and
pricing Advice accurately.
- Assists clients in the areas of investment, tax retirement,
education, insurance and estate planning, working closely with the
Managing Director, Relationship Manager and Director of Operations
to support overall planning needs as well as company
- Actively participates in case design and meeting preparation
managing an assigned Relationship Manager to ensure all client
deliverables are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Actively monitors financial markets, specific investments in
clients' portfolios and keeps abreast of new investment strategies
and investment vehicles to continue to provide the best possible
level of service to all firm clients.
- Takes a holistic view of each client's financial needs and
goals ensuring clients remain on track to achieve goals.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the client's situation
resulting in the ability to review each deliverable with the
client, including Investment performance.
- Acts as the primary liaison with clients' accountants,
attorneys and other advisors and creates a strong relationship as a
team to ensure a comprehensive wealth management plan.
- Maintains clear communication with clients relative to a
minimum level of service and ongoing service expectations.
- Develops and manages relationships with assigned client base
ensuring all clients have a consistent and positive
- Responsible for new business development, including active
retention of new clients, development of strategic alliances and
opportunities within Adviser's own book of business.
- Focuses on business development both internally and externally.
Managing client relationships by creating and executing business
development strategies that attract and retain clients.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of strategic
marketing plans and business development plans to achieve annual
individual and Regional Office revenue goals.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry
influencers and key strategic partners. Actively develops and
maintains relationships with target clients, effectively utilizing
available universal marketing materials.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent image throughout all
marketing materials, communications and events in alignment with
PFM standards. COLLATERAL DUTIES
- Participates on special task forces related to new corporate
- Other duties as directed by management. --PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at desk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to operate a wide range of office technology, such as
operating a multi-line telephone system, computer, copier and fax
- Ability to read documents, reports, etc.
- Ability to answer phones and communicate with callers. MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS: Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting and/or
Economics or equivalent experience; Master of Business
Administration degree is strongly desired; Must have either a
Series 7 and Series 66 OR Series 65.
- Certified Financial Planner or Charted Financial Analyst
designation is highly desired.
- Minimum four years of working as a Relationship Manager with at
least 2 years in a Senior Relationship Manager role and/or minimum
two years of working as a Wealth Adviser, Financial Adviser or
- Registered as an Investment Advisory Representative (IAR).
--Required Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and
- Prophix or other computerized accounting systems
- SalesForce or other CRM software
- Securities, Financial Planning, Investments or Insurance
- Custodian Platforms (i.e. Fidelity, Schwab, etc.)
- Broker Dealer and Investment Advisory Regulations
- Maintenance of confidential records --Required Skills in:
- Strong demonstrated quantitative and analytical abilities
- Superior people and communication skills and the ability to
communicate effectively with clients through dissatisfaction.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Judgement and problem solving; takes responsibility,
demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and is able to deal with
confidential information on a daily basis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and
- Proficient in Google Apps.
- A self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, positive
professional attitude and demeanor.
- Must be able to exercise judgment, tact and diplomacy when
dealing with clients, other executives and levels of
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills and
ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential
client issues. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT
MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD) The Consumer and Investment Management
Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private
Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by
Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and
banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world.
CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help
individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take
control of their financial lives. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help
our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow.
Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking,
securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New
York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're
committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our
own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our
firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and
personally, from our training and development opportunities and
firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance
offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture,
benefits, and people at-- GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates
with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process.
Learn more: https://
-- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer
Identity Options Apply Apply Email a Friend Email a Friend
Keywords: Goldman Sachs, Baltimore , CIMD - Personal Financial Management - Wealth Advisor - Vice President, Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!