CUSTODIAL DIRECTOR - BENCH - COLUMBIA, SC
Company: Compass Group Poland Sp. z o.o.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
-- COVID-19 PRE-SCREEN PRIVACY NOTICE: This notification relates
to the possible collection of Personal Information upon entry to
any Compass Group facility for the purposes of protecting our
associates and customers from the risk/spread of COVID-19. This
collection might include medical and health information,
specifically your body temperature and whether you have or display
certain symptoms of COVID-19, whether you have recently been in
contact with anyone with symptoms of or who has tested positive for
COVID-19, and whether you have recently traveled to area subject to
Travel Advisory by the U.S. State Department. The Company will
maintain this information under conditions of confidentiality.
CUSTODIAL DIRECTOR - BENCH - COLUMBIA, SC Position Title: UNIT
DIRECTOR - CUSTODIAL ---COLUMBIA, SC Reports To: REGIONAL
DIRECTOR-- SSC Services for Education--is known for our expertise,
commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people
are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates' knowledge and
experience alongside SSC's extensive training, providing supportive
management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as
well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a
workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.--
SSC--Services for Education is--a Nationwide Best in Class Facility
Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we
want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to
direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support
them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody
greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a
can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and
throughout the Compass world.-- This position is eligible for an
Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for
this role, please use the 'job search' in MyOpportunity to refer
your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be
able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check
the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on 'referral
tracking.' For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass
Employee Referral Policy, email--MyReferral@compass-usa.com . Click
here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to
this position.-- Job Summary As a Unit Director, you--are
responsible for the overall cleanliness, sanitation, and security
of the assigned buildings. You--are responsible for successfully
coordinating all work activities of janitorial personnel.--You must
also have the ability to supervise, direct, and develop supervisors
and hourly employees--in accordance with company guidelines,
and--to ensure customer satisfaction through high-quality
standards, while maintaining an environment that is safe
and--equitable.--This Bench position will provide management
support to new and existing SSC accounts in K-12 or higher
education settings. Travel is required and can be significant to
include overnights. Ideal candidates will be open to relocating. In
the--Unit Director role, you would be responsible for assigning
duties, inspecting work, and investigating complaints regarding
janitorial services, and take immediate corrective action. You
would secure and assure that all equipment--is maintained and in
working order. You would also make sure buildings have sufficient
janitorial supplies and take periodic inventories of supplies and
materials. You would train,--discipline, and--recommend dismissals
of employees. Unit Directors act as liaisons between building
occupants or administrators and supervisors, so it is imperative
that you are--able to effectively communicate all directives from
managers, building occupants, and administrators to janitorial
staff.-- Primary Responsibilities:
- Communicate between various shifts to ensure applicable
completion of tasks.
- Train workers in janitorial methods and procedures and proper
operation of equipment.
- Issues janitorial supplies and equipment to workers to ensure
quality and timely delivery of services.
- Daily inspection and follow through on all assignments,
directives, and projects to ensure task completion.
- Cross-train and develop personnel for multiple
- Weekly staff reports and inspections to General Manager - this
includes reporting of all issues, recommendations, and task
- Meet with Directors weekly to review task completion and future
- Secure building after completion of work.
- Be able to create and foster a working environment, where
safety is first, always.
- Guide completion on projects to make sure they are completed
timely and within budget.
- Report budgetary issues back to General Manager.
- One to two years as a supervisor in housekeeping or
service-related field with high customer/client contact
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality
and customer service.--
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and empathy skills.--
- Excellent problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group
- Ability to engage and motivate staff.--
- Understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit
and loss concepts.--
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an
ability to prioritize.
- Ability to function appropriately under demanding
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.--
- Ability to work with heavy cleaning equipment. Compass Group is
an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to
treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their
abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race,
national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected
Keywords: Compass Group Poland Sp. z o.o., Baltimore , CUSTODIAL DIRECTOR - BENCH - COLUMBIA, SC, Executive , Columbia, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!