Regional Sales Manager - DoD
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Devo, the cloud-native logging and security analytics company,
empowers security and operations teams to maximize the value of all
their data. Only the Devo platform delivers the powerful
combination of real-time visibility, high-performance analytics,
scalability, multitenancy, and low TCO crucial for monitoring and
securing business operations as enterprises accelerate their shift
to the cloud. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Devo is backed by
Insight Partners, Georgian, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Learn
more at .
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) - DoD will be responsible for
identifying and cultivating new prospects in the Federal space. The
RSM must be able to navigate through complex government
organizations positioning Devo's software as a purpose-built
enterprise solution. The RSM will use solution selling techniques
to sell our technical product into a range of business functions
and play an integral part of Devo's success. This role will develop
account and Federal sales plans and strategies to ensure
Travel:This position requires up to 50% travel. Travel may be
outside the local area and overnight.
- RSM's are responsible for managing all aspects of the sales
- Identify key decision-makers and build strong relationships
with prospects and customers.
- Ability to effectively articulate and demonstrate Devo's
technical solution and business value.
- Leverage deep product knowledge to demonstrate solution selling
techniques, uncover prospect and customer challenges and deliver
- Penetrate and develop existing accounts and new prospects,
perform sales presentations to prospects, negotiate contracts, and
close new business deals.
- Work closely with the pre-sales technical team and perform
assessments to determine customer requirements.
- Providing tactical and strategic plans with specific measurable
time frames to penetrate an account.
- Build and maintain an accurate pipeline and timely sales
- Identify internal teams, providing direction and leadership in
each sales engagement.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer industry trends.
Qualifications and Experience
- 7+ years of experience selling solutions, including SaaS, to
DoD clients with a strong track record against quota.
- Bachelor's degree in business, related field or equivalent
- Successfully demonstrated the ability to sell SaaS solutions
for Federal use cases, including Security.
- Strong business development, technical presentation skills, and
the ability to present technical concepts and business solutions
clearly through demonstrations and proposals are required.
- Highly motivated and well-developed business acumen.
- Strong focus on acquiring new business while continuing to
cultivate existing account relationships.
- Experience in solution selling IT infrastructure or related
- Have intuitive sense of required steps to close business and
gain customer validation
- Strong background in sales with demonstrated abilities to take
ownership of business, prospect for leads, and close sales.
- Proven ability to make strong connections and overcome
rejection to achieve results.
- Candidates must have good organizational skills, prospecting
and follow-up skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive and work ethic.
- Experience selling/navigating a complex sale.
Devo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national
origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation,
marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. "Devo
is committed to creating a welcoming culture that is not only
grounded in teamwork and customer success but is fair and equitable
for everyone." Marc van Zadelhoff, CEO At Devo, diversity and
inclusion means more than treating employees well and making them
feel welcome. It is a commitment to hiring people who bring
different insights because of their unique perspectives, ways of
thinking, and prior experiences. We intend to continue hiring great
people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and
speak their minds. That way Devo will always be a place filled with
purpose, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness, and respect. To All
Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Devo
outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Devo's policy is to only
accept resumes from agencies via the Devo Agency Portal. Agencies
must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been
assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by
the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this
process will be deemed the sole property of Devo and in the event a
candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or
payment of any kind will be paid
Keywords: Devo, Baltimore , Regional Sales Manager - DoD, Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!