Director of Operations
Company: Montage International
Posted on: April 10, 2021
At Montage International, we are doing something different,
something exciting and it takes passionate people to bring our
vision to life. We have built a culture that leads with the
important notion we live by every day; do what you love. If this
resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
SUMMARY The Director of Operations is responsible for the
management of the Hotel operations with emphasis on Food and
Beverage, Rooms,--Sales & Marketing, Security and Engineering.
Directs, implements, and maintains a service and management
philosophy which serves as a guide to all staff.--This position
must have experience creating and implementing critical paths for
all--the above operations, including budgets, operating standards,
job descriptions and training manuals.--The successful candidate
will have impeccable professional references for exceptional
leadership and communication skills, cutting edge technical food &
beverage knowledge for operating a high end hotel. ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS Job duties include, although are not limited to:
- Responsible for the selection, training and development of key
leadership personnel within the division and its departments. Able
to exercise personnel action discretion within Montage's policies.
Oversee divisional matters as they relate to federal, state and
local employment and civil rights laws.
- Interact positively with guests promoting hotel facilities and
services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties.
Maintain communication with all departments to ensure guest service
needs are met.
- Constantly monitor Hotel staff performance in all phases of
service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried
out to department standards; rectify and deficiencies with
- Inspect all aspects of the operations supervised, ensuring
compliance with standards of cleanliness and order. Direct
respective personnel to rectify deficiencies.
- Maintain profitability of each division to support overall
hotel operation. Control payroll and operating costs (minimizing
loss and misuse). Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of
operation. Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing
- Provide direct support, oversight, and leadership with regard
to entertainment, event activation, and programming from concept
development to integration and implementation structure; including
social and community outreach, and strategic partnerships.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- A minimum of five years of management experience of high end
restaurant's and/or hotels.
- A minimum of five years' experience as a department head or
senior leadership position at an ultra-luxury level operation.
- At least three years' experience in an executive level food &
beverage and multi-unit position.
- Ideal candidate will have occupied a similar or higher position
for one to two years.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary
language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and
- Ability to supervise subordinate staff, including, but not
limited to, assignment of duties, evaluating service, and taking
disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data, figures and transcriptions
prepared on and generated by computer.
- Must possess moderate computer skills.
- Budgetary analysis capabilities required. --PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS Most work tasks are performed indoors. Position
requires walking and giving direction most of the working day. Must
be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions
occurring simultaneously. Requires grasping, writing, standing,
sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening
and hearing ability and visual acuity. Must be able to lift trays
of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. frequently. Must be
able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs.
occasionally. In the United States we are proud to be an EEO/AA
employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing. At Montage Hotels & Resorts
and Pendry Hotels, we're committed to delivering extraordinary,
personalized and authentic experiences. How we get there is by
empowering our associates to think creatively. Grow their talents.
Encourage them to have fun. And allow them to follow their passion
in creating moments guests will long remember.At Montage and
Pendry, opportunities for career growth are bountiful, and training
programs are open to those seeking advancement. We encourage all of
our associates to continuously learn and grow. Working at Montage
and Pendry is more than a job; it's a way of life.--
Keywords: Montage International, Baltimore , Director of Operations, Executive , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!