Manager, Escrow Officer - Florida (Remote)
Company: Amherst Holdings
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Manager, Escrow Officer - Florida (Remote)
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced,
managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all
market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology,
Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks
and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable
strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across
residential real estate, commercial real estate and public
securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries,
has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and
approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and assist title specialists to clear title curative
issues identified during title examination, while effectively
notating all systems to track progress.
- Manage the real estate closing process, to ensure compliance
with real estate contracts, lender instructions, title
requirements, company requirements and other written
- Manage escalation issues to ensure timely recordation of
closing documents, the issuance of checks, bills and statements,
receipts and title policy associated with the closing.
- Correspond with all parties involved in the real estate
transaction, including but not limited to lenders, builders, real
estate agents and attorneys as needed.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of policies
- Manages policy, processes and procedures at the program level
for the company. This includes cross-functional processing
involving multiple work streams.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are consistently met or
exceeded in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Run daily, weekly and monthly reports to ensure that title and
closing turn times meet with client
- Provide best in class customer service to clients and
- Coordinate interviewing, hiring, orientation of, training,
discipline, evaluation of, and termination of employees.
- Manage all Florida personnel.
- Perform internal compliance audits; provide support during
underwriter and regulatory compliance audits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience.
- Escrow Agent licensure and 5+ years' experience within the
Florida Title industry and real estate industry required.
- Must have knowledge of all escrow processes and able to
maintain escrow process from beginning to end.
- Knowledge of Florida Title Insurance Procedural and Rate Rules.
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills.
- ALTA best practices experience preferred.
- Work under general supervision.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly and
concisely present issues, ideas and recommendations in verbal,
written and presentation formats.
- Highly motivated, inquisitive, self-started with the ability to
multi-task and effectively manage priorities to meet deadlines in a
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills,
ability to manage multiple projects and the capacity to work under
pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to direct teams and influence stakeholders at multiple
levels within the enterprise in an environment with shared
authority (over the vendor relationship).
- Capable of generating a high degree of respect and trust to
develop and maintain strong relationships with business partners
across all levels of stakeholders.
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and
1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events---Amherst
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran
status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
Keywords: Amherst Holdings, Baltimore , Manager, Escrow Officer - Florida (Remote), Executive , Columbia, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!